My simple little Toccata for piano (with score)

Posted by: Firefinch

My simple little Toccata for piano (with score) - 01/23/13 06:20 AM

Here is my Piano piece with the score as well. What do you think? (It's slighlty different from my recording).

Here is the recording (Live on Youtube)-- Me on Youtube

Or here on Soundcloud

Posted by: Steve Chandler

Re: My simple little Toccata for piano (with score) - 01/23/13 08:57 AM

Wow! That's a dramatic knuckle buster that's neither simple nor little. Did I detect a few small discrepancies between the version on Youtube and this score? Maybe I'm insufficiently caffeinated this morning. In any case thanks for posting.
Posted by: Nikolas

Re: My simple little Toccata for piano (with score) - 01/23/13 09:04 AM

No, I also detected a few different between the live version and the score myself! wink

But who cares... If the composer says it's ok, then it's ok! As a composer I always feel inclined to make small changes to my scores when I perform them, so I guess firefinch feels the same.

Now, I will repeat what Steve said: Little?!?!? simple?!?!? HA! I laugh at such words when it comes to this work!

It's lovely... just that.

Perhaps you could make the score into a PDF for others to download print and play? Just an idea...
Posted by: Firefinch

Re: My simple little Toccata for piano (with score) - 01/23/13 09:57 AM

Your right - the version I play live on Youtube is slightly different (As is the soundcloud version).
I only wrote it out the other day.
I think I play it slightly different every time i play it. But it's good to finally write out a score for it.
I would love to hear someone else play it smile

I do have the pdf file if anyone want's it just email me.
p.s Nicoals - I am happy to post into your weekly / monthly composistion thing.:)
robbyhaha@aol.com
thanks