A Less Than 1 Minute Composition - Unrequited Moment

Posted by: Maryam

A Less Than 1 Minute Composition - Unrequited Moment - 02/15/13 10:28 AM

Hello,

This is a very short composition, actually, my fifth try in composing.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/UW16YUluQzNBNkhOUjhUQw

Your suggestions and comments are mostly welcomed.

M
Posted by: rada

Re: A Less Than 1 Minute Composition - Unrequited Moment - 02/15/13 05:33 PM

I listened and I think you have some very nice musical thoughts...not sure what the title means.

rada
Posted by: GregSTB

Re: A Less Than 1 Minute Composition - Unrequited Moment - 02/16/13 02:04 AM

very romantic. i love this feeling!!

Re: A Less Than 1 Minute Composition - Unrequited Moment - 02/16/13 03:43 AM

Thanks. Don't know which title you mean, thread title? or composition title?

Again, thanks.

Re: A Less Than 1 Minute Composition - Unrequited Moment - 02/16/13 03:44 AM

Thanks a lot. Happy to hear this.

Re: A Less Than 1 Minute Composition - Unrequited Moment - 02/26/13 12:29 PM

My composition is available in my www.soundclick.com/Maryam named "Unrequited Moment".

M
Posted by: Sozo

Re: A Less Than 1 Minute Composition - Unrequited Moment - 07/13/13 09:17 PM

Very nice, it reminds me of Billy Joel in the middle smile

*edit - oops, this was older than I thought, hope that's not a board faux pas. Still, lovely.

Re: A Less Than 1 Minute Composition - Unrequited Moment - 08/31/13 08:31 AM

Thanks a lot. I have just worked on this more. Maybe you are interested to hear it smile

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12478497
Posted by: Steve Chandler

Re: A Less Than 1 Minute Composition - Unrequited Moment - 08/31/13 11:18 AM

It's a nice little piece of the poignant movie score variety. As such it's an enjoyable piece. I might change one thing, the measured trill sequence that starts at :42 could perhaps be approached more creatively. The rhythm is so square. I do like right hand chords at :52 which is what made me think the trills would be more effective if the rhythm wasn't so measured and square. This is the climax of your piece it deserves your best effort. Other than that it's a fine effort. You've got some ability and I look forward to hearing more.

In checking other threads I see you've posted two threads about this one piece. I'd appreciate it (and I believe others here will agree) if you kept it to one thread per piece.

Re: A Less Than 1 Minute Composition - Unrequited Moment - 09/01/13 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Steve Chandler
It's a nice little piece of the poignant movie score variety. As such it's an enjoyable piece...

In checking other threads I see you've posted two threads about this one piece. I'd appreciate it (and I believe others here will agree) if you kept it to one thread per piece.

I appreciate your feedback.

Regarding the second thread, I’ve just posted this in a new thread because editing the main thread to include the piece progress is not available after certain and very short time. Replying the thread with the new progress is not noticed by members especially if the period between each update is about 4 or 5 months.

In all cases, your suggestion about keeping one thread per piece is valid and I agree on this hoping members will notice the progression of the work.

Again, thanks a lot for your input – will work on this.

Re: A Less Than 1 Minute Composition - Unrequited Moment - 09/01/13 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Steve Chandler
It's a nice little piece of the poignant movie score variety. As such it's an enjoyable piece. I might change one thing, the measured trill sequence that starts at :42 could perhaps be approached more creatively. The rhythm is so square...

BTW, I included longer version if you are interested in hearing it.