ORIGINAL: "I guess I've already told you about my condition"

Posted by: Orist

ORIGINAL: "I guess I've already told you about my condition" - 06/26/13 05:54 PM

Hey all,

I'm curious to hear your ideas/feedback/comments on this piece. It's going to be part of a 10 track album I'll be releasing in a couple weeks.

Let me know what you like, and what you would've done different.

For more info: www.orist.nl

Tim.
Posted by: Dara

Re: ORIGINAL: "I guess I've already told you about my condition" - 06/26/13 07:26 PM

Greetings Tim,
and welcome to PW.

I enjoyed listening to your piece and listened to some more of your compositions on your youtube channel.
I like the mood and minimalism of this piece.
Thanks for sharing.
Posted by: Schubertslieder

Re: ORIGINAL: "I guess I've already told you about my condition" - 06/26/13 10:50 PM

Hi and welcome.

The title seems to suit the music well. It sounded as though the composer, you, intended the music to have an echoing theme of guessing as suggested in the title "I guess I've already.......".

Although it is an interesting piece, I would have liked the music to open up more in the beginning to grab the attention. I thought the beginning was a bit repetitive.

Both middle and the ending seemed somewhat similar to the beginning without the drama, development or a climax.

Although the title suits the piece well, I would have liked it with one or two phrases of eye opening and interesting parts in the music.

Best
Posted by: Orist

Re: ORIGINAL: "I guess I've already told you about my condition" - 06/27/13 08:33 AM

Thanks for the responses so far!

I thought about adding some phrases of eye opening parts, but I have a lot of different pieces that have those features, and I really liked the simplicity and repetion of this one. Also the "i've ALREADY told you" is a reflection of the repetitiveness. It's a good thing to keep in mind though, thanks!

Also Dara, cool you listened to the other compositions! They were part of a project that forced me to create and upload a new piece every week, as to force the flow of my creative 'juices' so to speak. Learned a LOT from that.
Posted by: Steve Chandler

Re: ORIGINAL: "I guess I've already told you about my condition" - 06/28/13 09:31 AM

I had a hard time thinking of what to say. The recording quality is quite good. I understand that this piece expresses a concept, it's just not a concept I want to hear more than once. However, it could be quite good for meditation.