which female musician is your idol

Posted by: jerrysherry

which female musician is your idol - 09/17/13 04:03 AM

i like country music. So Taylor swift is my idol.
which female musician is your idol?

yours

———————————————————
sherry from http://www.melodyhome.com/
Posted by: WoodenKeys

Re: which female musician is your idol - 09/17/13 09:21 AM

Without a doubt Grace Potter of Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. She inspired me to pick up the piano and guitar. Saw her twice in concert this summer at Tanglewood and The Comcast Center. What shows! Multi talented, playing the piano, Hammond B3, Gibson Flying V guitar, acoustic guitar and drums...not to mention with an incredible voice and stage presence second to none. I guess I'm really smitten!!!

Re: which female musician is your idol - 09/19/13 06:23 AM

I didn't mean to bring this thread to a grinding halt! Surely someone else can chime in.

I will add one thing more however; as a red-blooded male, I believe Grace is the most beautiful woman on the face of the earth! That did not influence my decision however...(ya right!).
Posted by: hv

Re: which female musician is your idol - 09/19/13 03:55 PM

Without a doubt the timeless Laura Nyro. But if limited to more contemporary, Marcia Ball.

Howard

Re: which female musician is your idol - 09/20/13 08:12 PM

Marcia Ball is great. I have seen her live several times. But also for contemporary have you heard Ben Folds? Two songs in particular; "Hold That Thought" and "Brick" are prime examples of his talent.

Re: which female musician is your idol - 09/20/13 09:54 PM

Oops, forgot we were talking about females.

Re: which female musician is your idol - 09/26/13 04:04 PM

Okay, I'm going to add another, relatively unknown. She is not a keyboard player but rather an acoustic guitarist. Piercing songwriting. Her name is Antje Duvekot and originally hails from the Boston area and now resides in Vermont. Two of her favorite songs of mine are "Jerusalem" a song about the conflict in the middle east, and also "Judas" a song about the effects of child abuse and lack of opportunity.

Amazing writer!!! She will bring a tear to your eye if you are a living, breathing soul.
Posted by: Bech

Re: which female musician is your idol - 11/01/13 09:16 AM

Country--Patsy Cline, Lee Anne Rimes

Pop--Kay Starr, Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, Whitney Houston

Although considered primarily country singers, Patsy and Lee Anne can sing pop right along with the best.

Have no "idols" but thought some here would like to give these ladies a try on YouTube.

Bech
Posted by: PhilipInChina

Re: which female musician is your idol - 11/24/13 09:05 AM

Originally Posted By: WoodenKeys
Without a doubt Grace Potter of Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. She inspired me to pick up the piano and guitar. Saw her twice in concert this summer at Tanglewood and The Comcast Center. What shows! Multi talented, playing the piano, Hammond B3, Gibson Flying V guitar, acoustic guitar and drums...not to mention with an incredible voice and stage presence second to none. I guess I'm really smitten!!!

You can pick up a piano! Wow! I assume it is an upright.
Posted by: PhilipInChina

Re: which female musician is your idol - 11/25/13 06:34 AM

My favourite female pianist would be Veneta Neynska, from Bulgaria.

Why?

She is a very accomplished pianist. She is as kind and helpful a person as you will ever meet. She is a fantastic mum. She is also a great beauty and, as a mere male, that is always a plus point.
Posted by: David Tpagency

Re: which female musician is your idol - 04/16/14 08:47 AM

John Robertson, (J.R.) & Dean Lawton, (Dino) both are my favorite musician. It's combination of both production agency & musics agency. I think thease innovated two persona are my favorite.
Posted by: ZeroZero

Re: which female musician is your idol - 07/22/14 06:52 AM

what's that girl who used to wear meat dresses? You know I forget her name, in fact forget her..
Posted by: ZeroZero

Re: which female musician is your idol - 07/22/14 06:53 AM

No seriously, Nina Simone