Piano World Home Page
Please excuse the bad acting and the Charles Dickens Christmas Carol shorthand.

Haddorff Postcard No. 9 -- A Haddorff Christmas Carol

The Haddorff is still in rough shape. Here is a picture of me, practicing the Jarrett/Grossnick version of "Over the Rainbow" on "The Mighty Lester," tuned to EBVT III. "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" and "Our Day of Joy" were played on the Lester... (The empty Kleenex boxes are my microphone stands...) Merry Christmas, everybody!!! grin

[Linked Image]

Haddorff Postcard [No.1] with "Deep Purple"
Haddorff Postcard No.2 with "I Love Her"
Haddorff Postcard No.3 with "Yes, Sir! That's My Baby"
Haddorff Postcard No.4 with "Mistress Murphy's Chowder"
Haddorff Postcard No.5 with "All Alone"
Haddorff - (no postcard) with "He Wipes The Tear From Every Eye" played on the Haddorff
Haddorff Postcard No.6 with "Constantinople"
Haddorff Pictures (no postcard, yet)
Haddorff Postcard No.7 with a couple of Scriabin Preludes
Haddorff Postcard No. 8 with Bach Snippets

My Piano In EBVT III

Warm regards,
--Andy Strong
Very clever and entertaining, Andy!
Oh, this is good, really, really good!!!

I'm sharing this with my family.

Thanks Andy! thumb
I laughed - I cried - grin

A good lesson to be learned here.

Thanks for sharing your creativity and gifts with us Andy.

And, of course, that was an old Haddorff in Scout Hall - right ??

Absolutely delightful!
Originally Posted by carey
[...]And, of course, that was an old Haddorff in Scout Hall - right ??

Actually, carey, it was the Lester playing the part of the Haddorff. Pretty good actor, huh? I finally got the action back in the Haddorff last week (to make room in the living room for the Christmas tree... laugh blush ), but it needs lots of adjustment, and, because of the loose tuning pins, it's starting to get it's ...um... vintage sound back. I suppose I should have played Haddie for the Scout Hall scene. Sounds like I could use a director!

Thanks for listening, everybody! Merry Christmas! grin

--Andy
Originally Posted by Cinnamonbear
Originally Posted by carey
[...]And, of course, that was an old Haddorff in Scout Hall - right ??

Actually, carey, it was the Lester playing the part of the Haddorff. Pretty good actor, huh? I finally got the action back in the Haddorff last week (to make room in the living room for the Christmas tree... laugh blush ), but it needs lots of adjustment, and, because of the loose tuning pins, it's starting to get it's ...um... vintage sound back. I suppose I should have played Haddie for the Scout Hall scene. Sounds like I could use a director!

Thanks for listening, everybody! Merry Christmas! grin

--Andy

Aw heck, Andy - I knew it was the Lester all along.....I just thought that for the purpose of your story line, we could "assume" that the kid from Scout Hall used the $500 to buy another wonderful vintage Haddorff somewhere in Rockford. grin

Merry Christmas !!!!!
Oh! You're absolutely right! Of course it was a Haddorff in Scout Hall! What else would it be??? grin
Oh! You're absolutely right! Of course it was a Haddorff in Scout Hall! What else would it be??? grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Very nice, Andy! You lil' devil! >:)
I was waiting for some sort of ironic punch line at the end where the Scouts start screaming "you suuuuuuuck" and start throwing rotten fruit. Ha ha! Heh - that would go against the whole spirit of the entire thing, so it's just as well you didn't do that...

Very good postcard, very entertaining, very good playing and very illuminating message for pianists. So many pianists let their talents atrophy over time.
LOL!!! Yes, Mattardo. That alternate ending is in the "extras" reel. smirk laugh

Originally Posted by Mattardo
[...] ...You lil' devil! >:) [...]

Why do you say that? Were you visited by three ghosts last night? grin "Gifts like yours were meant to be shared, you know!" wink
LOL!!! Yes, Mattardo. That alternate ending is in the "extras" reel. smirk laugh

Originally Posted by Mattardo
[...] ...You lil' devil! >:) [...]

Why do you say that? Were you visited by three ghosts last night? grin "Gifts like yours were meant to be shared, you know!" wink

Ha - now I know why you were cackling in impish glee yesterday when we spoke!
Ha ha!
At last I am here, in Andy's living room again.... Loved it laugh thank you for entertaining us so well.

That door joke never gets old for me grin I could hear it coming!! You could have added an extra touch by transposing sound to dominant harmony for the 2nd pair tho' hehe. My only other quibble is that a true "Scout Hall Piano" should never be remotely in tune! Out-of-tuneness is part of that special Scout Hall sound that we know and love, hehehehetee heeeeee! Mister Lester sounds too darn good.

Andy this was quite a poignant story... thank you for that part of it too.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums