Scrjabin Opus 16 No. 4

Posted by: FSO

Scrjabin Opus 16 No. 4 - 09/12/12 09:06 AM

**Warning, improvisation**

Also known as "the one piece of Scrjabin easy enough for people who can't really play the piano but want to say they can play Scrjabin" laugh Um...if you like his music, I wouldn't recommend listening to this; not only is the piece butchered in this recording, but also prolonged such that any initial elements of grace, reservedness, elegance and many more of the tender values found throughout his compositions are entirely diluted and disbanded until the mere fragments of what they once were might be seen if the wreckage is scoured...anyway laugh Um, I was just wondering if any of you saw *any* value in continuing in this manner; improvising from pieces...I'm not trying to say I could make it better than the composer wrote or anything like that, I'm merely interested to see if (real) pianists see any point at all in what I have done/do. So...feel free to ignore laugh But know that any comments, of negative nature of course quite included, will be terribly appreciated. Thank you for reading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmCeC3i4WC8&feature=channel&list=UL

Xxx
Posted by: Cinnamonbear

Re: Scrjabin Opus 16 No. 4 - 09/12/12 09:35 AM

Interesting. You have some very nice ideas in there, FSO. In fact, you could easily use this improv as a start to an actual composition of the sort, "Variations on a Theme by Scriabin."

--Andy
Posted by: Tim Adrianson

Re: Scrjabin Opus 16 No. 4 - 09/12/12 02:11 PM

FSO, the overall effect for me was simply too "new age"-y -- meaning that the emotional coloration established in the Scriabin prelude doesn't change enough, and so for me it gets tiring to listen to. Your playing is really quite good, but I need more and varied contrasting "takes" on the Scriabin prelude -- perhaps in a different key, in a major mode, maybe a "walking bass", etc -- to sustain my interest.
Posted by: FSO

Re: Scrjabin Opus 16 No. 4 - 09/13/12 02:42 PM

New age-y? I'll have you know [Indignant and ineloquent response]...yes...that tends to happen; I've always been told to calm down when I improvise...so...um, that kind of happens (because if you lack the ability to channel, it's surely better to just tone down...?). I tried playing it through without inhibiting my natural impulses too much which resulted in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt_RJNAb1XM&feature=youtu.be so you can see why it's necessary (though I wouldn't recommend listening through...far too long). Um...thank you both for your too kind criticism, I'll...take it on board laugh Thank you. I hope you're both quite well?
Xxx
Posted by: FranKiisko

Re: Scrjabin Opus 16 No. 4 - 09/13/12 03:24 PM

It sounds harmonious!! Is it really Scriabin? LOL! (Just joking...)

Very beautiful improvisation, I don't know how the original is (I'm goin to listen to it) sometimes there are IMO too much pedal but I suppose it's hard to controle EVERYTHING while you are improvising (God save Cziffra smile ) but you do it very well and even Cziffra made wrong notes improvising, so don't worry!!

Congratulations and thank you for sharing!! laugh