Rachmaninoff Prelude Op 32 No 12

Posted by: PianogrlNW

Rachmaninoff Prelude Op 32 No 12 - 10/04/12 12:08 AM

Something I've been working on for awhile and still needs improvement. Comments welcome.

http://soundcloud.com/ellen-w-1/rachmaninoff-prelude-in-g
Posted by: Derulux

Re: Rachmaninoff Prelude Op 32 No 12 - 10/04/12 03:18 AM

Very nice, I can hear the musicality in your playing! smile

Two quick comments that I would recommend:
1. In a few places, your notes don't line up. Meaning, your right hand and left hand should play together and they do not.
2. Play with the tempo. Listen to Rachmaninoff and Horowitz, as two prime examples, and listen to how they really mess with time and dynamics. Have a little fun with it!
Posted by: PianogrlNW

Re: Rachmaninoff Prelude Op 32 No 12 - 10/13/12 06:21 PM

Good comments, thanks. I'm still working on this prelude, adding more variations in tempo that are marked in the score, better note alignment. And trying to keep the RH to shimmer/twinkle more to make the melody come alive.

Originally Posted By: Derulux
Very nice, I can hear the musicality in your playing! smile

Two quick comments that I would recommend:
1. In a few places, your notes don't line up. Meaning, your right hand and left hand should play together and they do not.
2. Play with the tempo. Listen to Rachmaninoff and Horowitz, as two prime examples, and listen to how they really mess with time and dynamics. Have a little fun with it!
Posted by: Tim Adrianson

Re: Rachmaninoff Prelude Op 32 No 12 - 10/15/12 05:40 PM

I found this really very satisfying - it's straightforward, unfussy, and meticulously played -- nice piano, too! My only suggestion is to build more in the middle section; I think there's an opportunity for more drama, and it would provide a more satisfying level of contrast. But, great job, and thanks for sharing this!