"I'm Not That Girl" from Wicked -- Stephen Schwartz

Posted by: Cinnamonbear

"I'm Not That Girl" from Wicked -- Stephen Schwartz - 01/01/13 08:19 PM

WARNING: Gentle.

Back in April ('12), immediately following a fresh tuning on the Lester in which Bill Bremmer nailed the unisons, and immediately preceding the French Suite debacle, and fairly soon after my daughter came home from the book store with the Piano/Vocal Selections book for the musical Wicked for me to play, I recorded this one on an evening when I just wanted to live in A major and tell my daughter the truth about relationships. Pulled it from the archives today during my "year in review." Hope you like it.

"I'm Not That Girl" -- Schwartz

Happy New Year!
--Andy

P.S. Defy gravity.
Posted by: Kuanpiano

Re: "I'm Not That Girl" from Wicked -- Stephen Schwartz - 01/01/13 09:00 PM

I've just listened to this three times in a row, and I'm not stopping anytime soon.

Wonderful nostalgic playing!! This is definitely a great way to start the new year.

Happy New Year to you too! Thanks for sharing.
Posted by: ChrisKeys

Re: "I'm Not That Girl" from Wicked -- Stephen Schwartz - 01/02/13 12:15 AM

Very simple and pensive. Thanks, Andy.
Posted by: ChopinAddict

Re: "I'm Not That Girl" from Wicked -- Stephen Schwartz - 01/02/13 12:21 AM

thumb
Happy New Year to you too!

Re: "I'm Not That Girl" from Wicked -- Stephen Schwartz - 01/02/13 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Kuanpiano
I've just listened to this three times in a row, and I'm not stopping anytime soon. [...]

Thank you so much, Kuanpiano! Those kind words hit deeply a soft spot in me, and, well... what a great way to start the new year!!! grin Thank you!!!

Originally Posted By: ChrisKeys
Very simple and pensive. [...]

One of the things I am working on this year is to pay attention to clarity and exact note values. I've been somewhat sloppy about that in the past. (That's the "simple" part, probably grin). I followed the score as well as I could on this one, and actually, keeping my emotions in check was not easy. (That's the "pensive" part, for sure!!!) crazy Though it's important to "know the song," sometimes it's a good idea to NOT read the words while you're playing! blush I'm also working on a song from this book called, "For Good." That's another tear-jerker, for sure! OMG!... [don't read the words. don't read the words. don't read the words.]

Originally Posted By: ChopinAddict
thumb [...]

Ha-ha, CA! I take it that you know the show? I would guess so!... wink grin

Thank you for listening, friends!
--Andy

Re: "I'm Not That Girl" from Wicked -- Stephen Schwartz - 01/02/13 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Cinnamonbear

thumb [...]

Ha-ha, CA! I take it that you know the show? I would guess so!... wink grin

Thank you for listening, friends!
--Andy

Unfortunately I don't, but I hope I will have the chance to go one day. An Aussie Broadway Musical must be fun. smile

Re: "I'm Not That Girl" from Wicked -- Stephen Schwartz - 01/02/13 05:59 PM

Oh, I have just read that September 11 (2011) was the last day of the show in Australia... frown

Re: "I'm Not That Girl" from Wicked -- Stephen Schwartz - 01/02/13 06:47 PM

Oh, I have just read that September 11 (2011) was the last day of the show in Australia... frown

I know. I just checked, too. It'll be back. No worries.

Until then, here, follow the links:

http://youtu.be/9ZVp2ZOGAhw

Plus, you can read the original novel, probably available at your local library. You have libraries in Australia, right?

Plus... I'll send you a PM.

Re: "I'm Not That Girl" from Wicked -- Stephen Schwartz - 01/02/13 07:30 PM

They say the book is very different, but this is usually the case with adaptations (also with movies adapted from books). Apparently the book is scarier. Musicals aren't scary of course. smile I'll see if I can find it at my local library. Have you read it by the way?
I'll have a look at YouTube in the meantime. smile
Posted by: suniil

Re: "I'm Not That Girl" from Wicked -- Stephen Schwartz - 01/11/13 04:13 AM

Beautifully played & easily captured my heart!. This song is allocated for daughter to learn this term in school
Posted by: Derulux

Re: "I'm Not That Girl" from Wicked -- Stephen Schwartz - 01/11/13 04:35 AM

I've seen this show three times, once with the original cast on Broadway. Excellent playing. I enjoyed that very much. smile