Chopin-Godowsky Etude no.39 (after op.25 no.6)

Posted by: trigalg693

Chopin-Godowsky Etude no.39 (after op.25 no.6) - 02/04/13 02:57 AM

This isn't great but by some miracle I made it through on my first try and then failed to do so afterwards, so I'm posting this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L1PVGh4kYk

Enjoy my pain!
Posted by: ronde des sylphes

Re: Chopin-Godowsky Etude no.39 (after op.25 no.6) - 02/06/13 06:24 AM

Obviously it needs polishing, but that's a valiant attempt. It goes without saying that the etude is obscenely difficult.

Re: Chopin-Godowsky Etude no.39 (after op.25 no.6) - 02/06/13 06:41 AM

Haha thanks!

I should've spent a bit more time warming up and getting used to the piano, but I doubt it would've gotten much better than this.

I can play the left hand alone just fine at that tempo (admittedly not that fast), but the right hand having to leap 3-4 octaves all the time takes way too much energy to focus on! mad When learning op.25 no.6 (original) I practiced thirds with right hand and left hand together and thought that my left hand was pretty proficient at the thirds so I would be able to play this just fine...yea that didn't really happen.
Posted by: FranKiisko

Re: Chopin-Godowsky Etude no.39 (after op.25 no.6) - 02/07/13 07:48 PM

Yes, of course it needs polishing (as they've said before me) but... my God, you're playing one of the most difficult studies of this set (which is one of the most difficult set of studies ever)

So, congratulations and continue playing this amazing √Čtudes!! laugh

Re: Chopin-Godowsky Etude no.39 (after op.25 no.6) - 02/08/13 02:45 AM

Thanks, but it's definitely not one of the hardest in the set. I spent a good amount of time the other day looking through the others...some made me want to cry. Any of the left hand only transcriptions is easily more painful.