Superstition - Stevie Wonder piano cover....

Posted by: champy

Superstition - Stevie Wonder piano cover.... - 09/16/13 11:10 AM

youtube
My piano version of a hit from Stevie Wonder...
laugh
Posted by: dire tonic

Re: Superstition - Stevie Wonder piano cover.... - 09/18/13 02:25 PM

Impressive. The piano sounds almost like a clavinet. How did you manage that?

Re: Superstition - Stevie Wonder piano cover.... - 09/18/13 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: dire tonic
Impressive. The piano sounds almost like a clavinet. How did you manage that?

How I did it?...
Hmm.. How should I answer?....

OK here is the answer:
I practiced...

(no offense or teasing or anything, but that's what I did)

Re: Superstition - Stevie Wonder piano cover.... - 09/28/13 12:26 PM

No offence taken. Of course, I can see that you practised. But what struck me most (apart from the excellent playing) was the rapidity of the damping on the notes - that was a characteristic almost unique to the clavinet amongst keyboard instruments.

Anyway, you've sort-of answered my question; that sound with rapid damping is something you're able to get out of your piano. I half-wondered if there was some audio processing going on.

I enjoyed your other covers too.

Re: Superstition - Stevie Wonder piano cover.... - 10/03/13 05:23 AM

Originally Posted By: dire tonic
No offence taken. Of course, I can see that you practised. But what struck me most (apart from the excellent playing) was the rapidity of the damping on the notes - that was a characteristic almost unique to the clavinet amongst keyboard instruments.

Anyway, you've sort-of answered my question; that sound with rapid damping is something you're able to get out of your piano. I half-wondered if there was some audio processing going on.

I enjoyed your other covers too.

Thanks a lot for the complement, dire tonic...
No, I didn't do much to the audio signal. The only thing I put is reverb and raising the volumne a little bit. As you can see in the video, the audio was recorded with Zoom H4n, which is not a real professional recorder for music, IMHO... Maybe the effect of clavinet is from less pedal (I only used pedal in for some long chords only, other than that, no.) and a fast release from the finger... ,if that could be an answer for you.

By the way, I acidentally deleted the video. Now, I uploaded again (it took me a long time because of the size of HD) IF you want to hear it again, here is the link...

Superstition - Piano Cover

I'm glad you enjoy other videos too. If you would like follow and see what is more to come, please subscribe to my channel. I will definitely do more covers, especially that ones that are not yet out there in youtube.

Re: Superstition - Stevie Wonder piano cover.... - 03/19/14 04:40 AM

- champy, why did you take off your video?