Piano World Home Page
Posted By: dai phan dds QRS Piano Player Help! - 06/12/07 05:59 PM
Hi all,

I am so glad I find this site. I have a 5'3 Henry F Miller that I would like to have this QRS player installed. Can anyone tell me how much it would cost and will this system making tuning much more difficult? I also would like to know about other comparable systems too (pros-cons). Thank you. DP
Posted By: Grandpianoman Re: QRS Piano Player Help! - 06/13/07 06:28 AM
Hi DP,

You might also want to consider the Stahnke "LX" system...this will be one of the best, if not THE best retro-fit playback system out there. It may take awhile to get one, as the first 50 kits in production are sold out, but in my opinion, it would be well worth the wait.
Posted By: CTPianotech Re: QRS Piano Player Help! - 06/16/07 12:40 AM
Retrofit players do not make tuning more difficult.
Due to the increase use though, many pianos with players in them need somewhat more frequent service to the action.

You should consider what exactly you would like to be playing on your player system. For instance, do you wish to hear 'piano solo' music only, or are you interested in hearing piano w/background?

QRS has their own forum for questions on their website www.qrsmusic.com
Posted By: Mark Fontana Re: QRS Piano Player Help! - 06/20/07 06:03 PM
QRS also makes (or made?) an external (Vorsetzer) model of the Pianomation player system called the Playola , if you're concerned about modifying the piano. The built-in systems generally perform more accurately, though.
Posted By: matt9b Re: QRS Piano Player Help! - 10/29/08 11:52 PM
I'm trying to buy a Playola at the moment, but getting answers to the pre-sales questions is like drawing blood! :s
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums