help buying a player for baldwin hamilton

Posted by: synergy928

help buying a player for baldwin hamilton - 02/22/09 08:48 PM

I have a 10 year old (plus or minus) Baldwin Hamilton piano that I would like to add player capability to. I've searched the net and remain completely confused. Recording would be nice but is not essential. Having it not ruin my piano is essential!

What would you recommend, why, and what is the approximate cost of your recommendation? I have no desire to replace the piano because it is in perfect condition (tuned this past week and played by a hired pro last night who said it is incredibly responsive and will be perfect for another 50 years.)

Thanks all for your input!
Posted by: Grandpianoman

Re: help buying a player for baldwin hamilton - 02/23/09 01:04 AM

Hi Synergy,

I can highly recommend the "LX" playback system by Wayne Stahnke. www.live-performance.com

There is quite a lot written about the LX on PWorld here if you do a search for "LX".

I have the first LX on the market, and it's unquestionably the best retro-fit playback system out there, hands down.

If you wanted recording capabilities, you could also add to your Baldwin, a Midi9 www.midi9.com or a QRS PNOscan, (same product as the Midi 9). You could then play it back through the LX, however the caveat here is that the recording expression-capabilities of the PNOscan/Midi9 are not as good as what the LX can play back.
Posted by: synergy928

Re: help buying a player for baldwin hamilton - 02/23/09 01:50 PM

I tried to e-mail the company to find out about local distributors and their contact is "full for February."

Any idea how to get hold of one of the LX distributors in Florida?
Posted by: Grandpianoman

Re: help buying a player for baldwin hamilton - 02/27/09 06:10 PM

Hi Synergy928, the best would be to contact Mr. Stahnke by email from his website for the LX: www.live-performance.com
Posted by: Mark Fontana

Re: help buying a player for baldwin hamilton - 03/31/09 03:54 PM

The LX can be fitted only to grand pianos. Isn't the Hamilton that sturdy studio model popular with schools and churches?