What do I do with Bellows?

Posted by: arab23

What do I do with Bellows? - 07/29/07 05:49 PM

Greetings,

I had the piano my 9 year old son plays on tuned and the tuner took out the bellows (the other parts of a player piano were not present). The bellows work (I've pumped the pedals and air comes out). I have absolutely no idea what to do with the bellows and if it has any value to anyone. I do not wish to throw it away, but I've posted it on Craig's List (Seattle) without any interest shown. I have pictures of it there as well (I'd attach pictures to this post if I knew how). Please, can any of you use this item or help me to responsibly pass it on as it seems a shame to trash it. Thanks in advance.
Adam
Posted by: Tom Tuner

Re: What do I do with Bellows? - 08/27/07 05:32 PM

The bellows (and reservoir and treadles) are the least important part of a player as this part can always be replaced without much trouble. If your piano is missing the part above the keys behind a pair of sliding doors, it is now an ex-player, and likely to remain so as the chances of finding a replacement are substantually zero. Except as a source of parts or some hardware there is not likely to be much interest in what is left.

Tom Tuner