Where to buy FATAR TP/40 keybed action

Posted by: SF10

Where to buy FATAR TP/40 keybed action - 07/28/10 12:26 AM

I have a fabulous Peavey DPM C8 88 weighted action keyboard that has a custom action created by Fatar with aftertouch. I've had this since 1993.

Now I want to upgrade the action to a the FATAR TP/40 WOOD action with aftertouch and escapement.

How does one order this?

I have been told it is impossible .... but there is always a way to skin a cat.....
Posted by: Kawai James

Re: Where to buy FATAR TP/40 keybed action - 07/28/10 01:23 AM

Do you know if the newer action can be used as a drop-in replacement? You may find that the dimensions interface connector differ.

Regardless, to answer your question, I do not know if it is possible for private individuals to purchase single action units directly from FATAR.

Cheers,
James
x
Posted by: hpeterh

Re: Where to buy FATAR TP/40 keybed action - 07/28/10 02:33 AM

You might try it here:
http://www.doepfer.de/home_e.htm
They sell components for musical do-it-yourself projects and also distribute fatar actions.

They are famous for their LMK4 Masterkeyboard:
http://www.doepfer.de/lmk4.htm
and, so far I know this can be customized with any fatar action on request.

BTW,
Other than Studiologic, they have a high reputation for quality probably the components are the same, but quality management is better.
Posted by: Qbert

Re: Where to buy FATAR TP/40 keybed action - 07/28/10 03:30 AM

I was interested in FATAR TP/40 escapement kit too. Reading the description on the web site, it looks available but that's not true. No way to have that keyboard with escapment, because of the dimensions. I'm from Italy and I asked directly to the factory.

You can buy only bare keyboard (TP/40 WOOD) but the price is not far from a complete new Numa Nero keyboard.

Re: Where to buy FATAR TP/40 keybed action - 07/28/10 10:06 AM

Well, as many of us know, FATAR does not answer their emails.

Thank you Qbert! How much was the TP/40 wood and how would I order it? - the american distributer of Doefer tells me it would take up to 6 months or more!

The American distributer of Fatar won't sell it to me --- or is reluctant.

The Numa Nero looks nice but the QUIRKY omission of a pitch bend and the mod wheel being in the most STUDIP place --- make me want to to mod my Peavey DMP C8 --- the LAST well made, full 88 note aftertouch weighted keyboard made - in 1993!
Posted by: Qbert

Re: Where to buy FATAR TP/40 keybed action - 07/28/10 10:44 AM

Well, TP/40 wood is about 650 euro for the bare keyboard!

If you're still interested, I can help you to get in contact with the dealer I found in Europe. In case, pm me your email address.

Re: Where to buy FATAR TP/40 keybed action - 07/28/10 11:32 AM

$986.50 for a Roland PHA II keyboard assembly as of July 27 2010.

I can actually buy this.... but oy! the price....

The Rhodes Active Midi is $6,000 - with polyphonic aftertouch

Re: Where to buy FATAR TP/40 keybed action - 07/28/10 11:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Qbert
Well, TP/40 wood is about 650 euro for the bare keyboard!

If you're still interested, I can help you to get in contact with the dealer I found in Europe. In case, pm me your email address.

That is about $845 conversion on July 2010.
Posted by: Keyparts

Re: Where to buy FATAR TP/40 keybed action - 10/12/10 01:11 PM

If you need any help with sourcing your key frame feel free to get in touch with me or visit http://www.keyparts.co.uk. While we do not hold the larger frames in stock we can get almost any frame and options from Fatar.