DP recommendations <$1500

Posted by: liszt85

DP recommendations <$1500 - 09/18/10 07:26 AM

Been playing for 12 years. Looking to buy an acoustic but decided I'd also take a look at DP's since I live in an apartment surrounded by sensitive neighbors (grad students). Looking to keep it below $1500.

TIA.
Posted by: dewster

Re: DP recommendations <$1500 - 09/18/10 12:34 PM

You're very close to the price point where you can get a lot more DP for a little more money. I'd recommend you try the Roland FP-7F when they finally hit the streets. Technically the best sound, great keys, with music rest & internal speakers.
Posted by: btcomm

Re: DP recommendations <$1500 - 09/18/10 12:40 PM

Just curious if the FP-7F has the same hard bottoming out keys that the FP-7 has. Even though some people prefer it to the FP-4, which is what I have, I personally wasn't crazy about the keys on the FP-7. Maybe the FP-7F is different?
Posted by: dewster

Re: DP recommendations <$1500 - 09/18/10 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: btcomm
Just curious if the FP-7F has the same hard bottoming out keys that the FP-7 has. Even though some people prefer it to the FP-4, which is what I have, I personally wasn't crazy about the keys on the FP-7. Maybe the FP-7F is different?

I know what you mean. I briefly tried an FP-7 at our local GC and immediately noticed that hard bottom feel to the keys.

The FP-7 has PHA II keys, whereas the FP-7F has PHA III keys, so maybe the bottoming issue will be addressed with the step up in Roman numerals?