Piano World Home Page
Posted By: brettr Which music stand are you using - 04/22/12 08:27 PM
Most higher end digital pianos don't seem to come with any sheet music stand. My Yamaha P60 did include one.

How are most people propping up their sheet music?
Posted By: gvfarns Re: Which music stand are you using - 04/22/12 08:59 PM
Personally I have a 28 inch LCD monitor sitting on my piano that I read from--it displays two pdf pages at a time bigger than life size. If I get a new piece on paper I scan it and load it up. Keeps my workspace really clean.

Before that I made myself a great big long music stand out of foamboard. It was only ok.
Posted By: brettr Re: Which music stand are you using - 04/22/12 09:14 PM
Ok. Guess I will get something like this http://www.amazon.com/Book-Stand-Bo..._1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335129232&sr=8-1
Posted By: Kawai James Re: Which music stand are you using - 04/22/12 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by brettr
Most higher end digital pianos don't seem to come with any sheet music stand.

All Kawai instruments include a music stand.

Cheers,
James
x
Posted By: brettr Re: Which music stand are you using - 04/22/12 09:57 PM
@Kawai James

Thanks. Are stands made specifically for some model or are they generic and will fit any piano? I lost my Yahama P60 stand and can't find them anywhere. When I search for 'piano music stand' or variations of that, it brings up stand alone music stands rather than those that attach to the piano.
Posted By: spanishbuddha Re: Which music stand are you using - 04/22/12 10:00 PM
Most higher end digital pianos don't seem to come with any sheet music stand. My Yamaha P60 did include one.

Really? I'm sure you can give an example, or two, but most!?
Posted By: Kawai James Re: Which music stand are you using - 04/22/12 10:17 PM
@Kawai James

Thanks. Are stands made specifically for some model or are they generic and will fit any piano? I lost my Yahama P60 stand and can't find them anywhere. When I search for 'piano music stand' or variations of that, it brings up stand alone music stands rather than those that attach to the piano.

Kawai console DPs (CA/CN series etc.) have the music stand built into the cabinet. Portable instruments (MP/ES) use the same metal wire music stand.

I wonder if the music stand included with your P60 is also used on other similarly-sized models, such as the P85/P95? If so, it can probably be ordered as a spare part through your Yamaha dealer.

Cheers,
James
x
Posted By: susanmusic Re: Which music stand are you using - 04/23/12 02:30 PM
I googled Yamaha P60 music "rack" replacement which led to search for music "rest" which led to this:

http://www.kraftmusic.com/catalog/accessories/keyboardstandaddons/6028
Posted By: piRround Re: Which music stand are you using - 04/23/12 02:59 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170819024984

This works really well for me, but only if you don't mind nail holes in the wall, and of course, your keyboard would need to be close to the wall as well.
Posted By: brettr Re: Which music stand are you using - 04/23/12 03:07 PM
@susanmusic

Wow! $53. Ok, thanks for finding it.
Posted By: tinknocker Re: Which music stand are you using - 04/24/12 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by gvfarns
Personally I have a 28 inch LCD monitor sitting on my piano that I read from--it displays two pdf pages at a time bigger than life size. If I get a new piece on paper I scan it and load it up. Keeps my workspace really clean.

That's the way to go. I added a 24" monitor, does 2 pages full size. I buy digital music, and I scan what ever I have in dead tree format. I expect the monitor will pay for itself in printer cartridge savings in two years.

I don't like the music stands on digital keyboards. They are too low, which encourages looking at your hands while playing and promotes bad posture.
Posted By: JulianG123 Re: Which music stand are you using - 04/25/12 12:18 AM
All the DP's I had/played had one, even my casio privia had one. I agree with Tin though, they aren't the best
Posted By: Ojustaboo Re: Which music stand are you using - 04/25/12 11:10 PM
Deleted
Posted By: piagineer Re: Which music stand are you using - 03/16/13 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by Kawai James
All Kawai instruments include a music stand.

Hi James,

I just purchased a used Kawai ES-X. Sadly, it didn't include most of the original accessories (music stand, power supply, etc).

I've been searching all over the web for a music stand -- including the Kawai US website.

Can you give me some pointers as to where/how I may get a music stand?

Thanks.
Posted By: Kawai James Re: Which music stand are you using - 03/17/13 12:08 AM
Hello piagineer, you can perhaps try contacting Kawai America to ask whether a spare music rest can be ordered. Please bear in mind, however, that the ES-X is over 10 years old, so there's no guarantee that spares will still be available.

Kind regards,
James
x
Posted By: debrucey Re: Which music stand are you using - 03/17/13 01:05 AM
Annoyingly, most (if not all) digital piano stands are too small.
Posted By: piagineer Re: Which music stand are you using - 03/17/13 01:24 AM
Hi James,

That seems to be last resort. I just emailed Kawai America about it.

Thanks for your prompt reply.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums