Piano World Home Page
Even if this was discussed before, no harm in having a little refresher.

First, the non-free gift.
Music stand

Somehow it took me three months to figure out this inexpensive way to hold sheet music on V-Piano. It fits V-Piano perfectly & works great. Hope it helps to some.

Second, the question: does anyone use V-Piano with 4 high-quality speakers arranged over a footprint of a real grand? If so, how much better does it sound versus 2 speakers?
I would prefer to use this one:

Desk Music Stand

Looks better and more solid. The angle is adjustable.

This has been suggested many times previously in response to the query about a suitable music stand for the V-Piano.

You know this is coming...Roland puts all this technology in the V and charges a hefty price and they can't even make a matching music stand - FAIL!
I use my V-Piano with four speakers to get the V-Piano Grand effect all the time. You have to position them exactly how it is described in the manual. The only negative is you cannot have the V-Piano against the wall and it helps if the roomhas good acoustics. Choose Hall 2 first and then work down from there. It does create a nice effect.
Is it that much better than 2 speakers (would it worth paying 1K for two more monitors) or is 2 speakers good enough for day to day use?

Thanks.

@alekkh,

I am using a converted version of the Manhassett* stand, here:

[Linked Image]

Took the support leg off of the desk above, and, use it with:

[Linked Image]

So, I now have a 40" wide music desk, not a 20" desk.

Sits on top of the V, with a towel for padding.

*Same as "Melodialworks Music," above.
Originally Posted by alekkh
Is it that much better than 2 speakers (would it worth paying 1K for two more monitors) or is 2 speakers good enough for day to day use?

Thanks.

If you want to mimic the way sound reaches your ear as a real grand piano does..which stereo headphones can't emulate the ambiance in the same way..then I'd say go for it. I can appreciate that extra level of realism for what it brings. Using 4 speakers on the V-Piano can come super close to emulating how the V-Piano Grand 's speaker system works and gets sound to your ear.
Just one person is running V-Piano in 4 channels.

Considering that V-Piano owners are 2 speakers away from V-Piano grand experience, I find this very amazing.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums