Has anyone gotten to try the Kawai CE220?

Posted by: shgmd

Has anyone gotten to try the Kawai CE220? - 08/07/12 06:42 PM

Although the Kawai CE220 was first presented in January, my local dealers (New York City area) and online retailers keep pushing back the date when it will be available. Has anyone had the chance to try it out, or, even luckier yet, been able to purchase one? I can't help but wonder why this has been taking so long, and will it be worth the wait? Thanks to any who have some information about it or can describe their opinions about playing it.
Posted by: KLSinCT

Re: Has anyone gotten to try the Kawai CE220? - 08/07/12 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By: shgmd
Although the Kawai CE220 was first presented in January, my local dealers (New York City area) and online retailers keep pushing back the date when it will be available. Has anyone had the chance to try it out, or, even luckier yet, been able to purchase one? I can't help but wonder why this has been taking so long, and will it be worth the wait? Thanks to any who have some information about it or can describe their opinions about playing it.

Londonderry Piano in Salem, NH has the CE220 in stock and sells it for $1899 with free shipping. I spent about 30 minutes playing one in their showroom a couple of months ago and was very impressed by it, especially the wooden key action, which felt great under the fingers. I would highly recommend this model as being one of the best values in digital pianos today.

www.londonderrypiano.com

Cheers,

Kevin
Posted by: shgmd

Re: Has anyone gotten to try the Kawai CE220? - 08/07/12 11:44 PM

Thanks, Kevin. Much appreciated.

Steve
Posted by: SkierDude

Re: Has anyone gotten to try the Kawai CE220? - 12/04/12 03:14 PM

I'm resurrecting this threat because the CE220 is one I'm seriously considering.

The CE220 has been out a while since this post was originally made. Has anybody else played it since then? Owners: are you happy with it?

I'm also wondering about the cabinet (console?). Is it pretty strong/sturdy?

I think the other one I'm considering is a Roland HP307 or maybe 505 depending on pricing. I know it's at least another $1000-1500 (depending on the model) more. So need to get as much info as I can.

Thanks.
Posted by: origen

Re: Has anyone gotten to try the Kawai CE220? - 12/04/12 08:57 PM

I played the ce220 at Londonderry piano as well, I really wanted to like this piano based on its description initially. Its actually the reason I went there in the first place, however, after arriving I quickly realized that by upping my budget by about 500 dollars I could get the MP10 which simply blows the ce220 out of the stratosphere. So I thought Id wait another 2 months and save up knowing it would be well worth it. But now namm 2013 is only 6 weeks away and Im thinking its going to be a great year for digis, so Ill wait to see what comes out, and if nothing does ive got money in hand for the mp10. Other than that, the ce220 is decent for what it is, an average sounding dp with decent action. And by average sounding I mean uninspiring and plain but much better than most sub 2k digis, if i was in the sub 2k budget id find something with Rolands supernatural like an hp 503. My advice is wait 6 weeks and see what namm brings us, 2k is a lot to spend and 6 weeks is not much time to wait for something youll use for a decade or more.
Posted by: gvfarns

Re: Has anyone gotten to try the Kawai CE220? - 12/05/12 11:55 AM

Originally Posted By: origen
But now namm 2013 is only 6 weeks away and Im thinking its going to be a great year for digis

Crossing fingers for that one. Last year was apparently the year of new acoustics at NAMM, so I guess that means this year should be digital's turn.