Piano World Home Page
The Kawai ES7 seems highly anticipated. Will prices for the MP6 fall as a result?
Posted By: Dr Popper Re: After the ES7 -- prices of the rest? - 08/10/12 03:57 AM
Doubtful the MP6 is a proper stage board while the ES7 is a portable console DP. Two different markets.
I however can see Kawai coming under pressure to update the MP6/10 earlier then they might have because the ES7 will cannibalize a certain % of sales from the MP6.
Posted By: gvfarns Re: After the ES7 -- prices of the rest? - 08/10/12 05:28 AM
Which makes sense. The MP10 is their flagship product but doesn't feature their flagship action, for example. It's totally time for an update on those models.
Posted By: JFP Re: After the ES7 -- prices of the rest? - 08/10/12 09:10 AM
MP6 is not a direct competitor to the ES - serves a different purpose. However I expect the MP6 will reach a next incarnation somewhere early 2013 (Mp6 II / MP7), with he changes that have been made to the ES right now: RH II / PHI 2

Depends on how long you are willing to wait and what features you need. If you need just a portable AP and good keyed , the ES7 is for you. Only competition I think will come from the new Casio PX350 and upcoming successor to PX3, but no-one has been able to try those yet, since they are not available. Could take a while still...

Note: I expect MP6 prices will only fall when successor is announced. Don't hold your breath...
Posted By: Kawai James Re: After the ES7 -- prices of the rest? - 08/10/12 09:29 AM
The MP6 is already very competitively priced...
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums