V-Piano midi usb

Posted by: krzyzowski

V-Piano midi usb - 10/09/12 01:17 AM

Is the V Piano midi usb plug and play w/Macbook pro, Or are drivers needed. Want to use Garageband, but get low volume. The device does not show in Midi Setup, but the keys show up on the screen. Any advice greatly appreciated..
Posted by: Erard

Re: V-Piano midi usb - 10/09/12 02:50 AM

I own a PC, so I don't know about the midi usb on a Mac, but I had the same problem with low volume on all sound outputs.
You can fix that under the Utility/System menu by setting the Output Gain (which is at 0db default) to +12 - also make sure that the Master Volume is set at 127 (which is the default).

Hope this helps.
Posted by: jhm

Re: V-Piano midi usb - 10/09/12 04:10 AM

According to the Roland website you should install drivers for the V-piano. Most other products never require any drivers for macs running MIDI. Below is a direct link to Rolands download page for the V-Piano.

http://www.roland.com/support/article/index.cfm?q=downloads&p=V-PIANO

Originally Posted By: krzyzowski
Is the V Piano midi usb plug and play w/Macbook pro, Or are drivers needed. Want to use Garageband, but get low volume. The device does not show in Midi Setup, but the keys show up on the screen. Any advice greatly appreciated..
Posted by: krzyzowski

Re: V-Piano midi usb - 10/09/12 06:50 PM

Thanks for the link; I have to see which operating system is installed. Erard may have something there; Saw the 127 limit, but not the output gain. Still, the Midi Setup should show something because "New Midi Device" pops up when connected..tnx.