Roland pinaos touch sensitivity

Posted by: DinaP

Roland pinaos touch sensitivity - 11/12/12 03:12 PM

So I am exploring the world of Roland digital pianos and there are two types of Touch Sensitivity adjustments

One has 5 levels, as does my current Kawai

The other has variables from 1 to 100 -- and I am wondering if any Roland users could comment on this -- is that much variation too much of a good thing?? Or, how have you found it to be useful.
Posted by: RafaPolit

Re: Roland pinaos touch sensitivity - 11/12/12 05:41 PM

Dina,

Its actually a fairly interesting thing. You keep the same broad and simpler options: light, medium, heavy, very heavy. Which set the sensitivity at fixed intervals. If none of those lands where you like the sensitivity (or where your Sampled software expects it) you get to micro-adjust this by going into a section where you select from -10 to 9 within those previous ranges.

So, if medium is too light for you, but heavy lands being too hard, then you can set it to Medium+9, or perhaps Heavy-8 (the broad settings equivalent to Medium+0 or Heavy+0).

So I find it the most versatile while still having access to fairly simple and broader controls.

Hope this helps clarify a bit the settings,
Rafa.

Re: Roland pinaos touch sensitivity - 11/12/12 08:23 PM

Thanks, Rafa, exactly the type of information I need!!!

Re: Roland pinaos touch sensitivity - 11/12/12 08:30 PM

Rafa -- which Roland do you play???
Posted by: RafaPolit

Re: Roland pinaos touch sensitivity - 11/12/12 09:39 PM

I'm glad to hear that. I have an FP-7F which is a close relative (although a bit stripped off) of the RD-700NX.