Casio PX-350 and stand (on carpet)

Posted by: Gatsbee13

Casio PX-350 and stand (on carpet) - 12/01/12 10:02 PM

I have my 350 against a wall, but I put it in my bedroom, which has carpet (very thin too). Anyone experience shaking when playing? any solutions?
Posted by: dmd

Re: Casio PX-350 and stand (on carpet) - 12/01/12 10:30 PM

You might try setting it on a hard, thick rubber mat.
Posted by: RUSS SHETTLE

Re: Casio PX-350 and stand (on carpet) - 12/01/12 11:56 PM

You might try a heavier stand. I had a PX 130, still have actually, and it was on carpet but my stand kept it pretty sturdy. I bought the heaviest X stand they had.
Posted by: PianoWorksATL

Re: Casio PX-350 and stand (on carpet) - 12/02/12 12:04 AM

What kind of stand?

Re: Casio PX-350 and stand (on carpet) - 12/02/12 12:07 AM

thanks for clarifying Sam.. rocking is the word I was looking for..

I have the casio stand that can be bought for the px150/350, and i like the pedals that come with it, so just wanted a solution to the rocking with what i have.
Posted by: Kawai James

Re: Casio PX-350 and stand (on carpet) - 12/02/12 12:27 AM

Gatsbee, does the Casio stand have little support 'feet' that extend out the front and back of the left and right side panel? If so, you may need to extend them further to improve support.

James
x

Re: Casio PX-350 and stand (on carpet) - 12/02/12 12:40 AM

James.. they don't.. they just have anti-tipping brackets that extend out the back (left and right)
Posted by: PianoWorksATL

Re: Casio PX-350 and stand (on carpet) - 12/02/12 10:18 AM

I think the anti tipping brackets are also what James is referring to.

If it's slow rocking due to the carpet, it will settle into the carpet over time, probably no more than 4-5 days if left in the exact same spot. If the floors are slightly unlevel, the rock might not improve even as the stand settles into the carpet. The alternatives are probably not very attractive like putting down a hard surface like a board for it to sit on. The board would have to be large enough for the whole stand.

dmd's suggestion of a mat is more of an in-between solution.
Posted by: o0Ampy0o

Re: Casio PX-350 and stand (on carpet) - 12/02/12 02:57 PM

A rubber or even the plastic mats like those used under office chairs is still going to flex too much for a piano that you want rock solid.

The hard platform is a better idea. You could do it really nice even going as far as using veneer or hardwood flooring over quality plywood (not the cheaper grade). The edge could be painted a neutral color to add finish so it does not look like the edge of plywood. This would be worth the effort. On the more economical side just a piece of quality plywood painted a neutral color would work. A thick piece of quality plywood will have substantial weight. The cheap grade plywood has air pockets, crevices and splinters. You could also tile over a piece of quality plywood.