Just purchased an NU1 - Yay!

Posted by: Taylorius

Just purchased an NU1 - Yay! - 12/27/12 04:01 PM

Hi

I've finally got off the fence and bought a replacement for my ageing Technics DP. I decided to go for the Yamaha NU1 in the end, in no small part due to the wise words of people on this forum - not to mention some other kinds of words too ;-)

I went to try the NU1 and the N1 again today. I just really liked the way the NU1 sounded this time round, bright and fierce somehow - not to mention it's cheaper, and nicer to look at than the N1 IMHO.

So the kids, my wife and I are excited and happy, looking forward to its delivery in a few days. I wanted to thank everyone on here who has offered opinions and comments to my blatherings about various digital pianos over the last couple of months.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone

Cheers

Matt Taylor
Posted by: ando

Re: Just purchased an NU1 - Yay! - 12/27/12 04:21 PM

Congrats Matt. Hope you are very happy with your purchase. smile
Posted by: Kawai James

Re: Just purchased an NU1 - Yay! - 12/27/12 04:22 PM

Congrats - it's a great piano!

James
x
Posted by: spanishbuddha

Re: Just purchased an NU1 - Yay! - 12/27/12 05:52 PM

Ooh congrats! I agree it's an excellent piano. Looks good, plays nicely, and sounds good too.
Posted by: Dave Horne

Re: Just purchased an NU1 - Yay! - 12/27/12 06:25 PM

I haven't played one yet but did own a Yamaha U1D (48" upright) for many years and I was very happy with the action.

Enjoy!
Posted by: Melodialworks Music

Re: Just purchased an NU1 - Yay! - 12/27/12 08:18 PM

Congratulations! Great news!
Posted by: ozoger

Re: Just purchased an NU1 - Yay! - 12/28/12 06:21 PM

Congrats! We just got our delivered a week ago and we are thrilled! I still plan on posting my view of it in detail some time.
Posted by: Jadis

Re: Just purchased an NU1 - Yay! - 01/01/13 01:54 PM

I still love mine! I agree it's a beautiful piano and often when I look at it I am drawn to it to sit down and play. Seems like a bit of a silly thing, but the visual appeal of it was a major draw for me buying it.
Posted by: spanishbuddha

Re: Just purchased an NU1 - Yay! - 01/01/13 03:18 PM

Don't let the sunlight fall on it. Or you will be appalled at the dust and finger marks on the PE finish smile
Posted by: 10fingers

Re: Just purchased an NU1 - Yay! - 01/01/13 03:49 PM

Congratulations, Taylorius - this seems like a great choice, and I wish your family many years of happy playing,

Jonathan
Posted by: SteveM732

Re: Just purchased an NU1 - Yay! - 01/03/13 01:08 PM

Matt,

Do you mind saying what you paid for the NU1?

-Steve
Posted by: Dominik

Re: Just purchased an NU1 - Yay! - 01/03/13 03:07 PM

Hi Matt,
I bought also a NU1 2 weeks ago and I cannot stay one day without playing on it!