FUTURE CONTROLLER IDEA

Posted by: 36251

FUTURE CONTROLLER IDEA - 01/17/13 01:54 PM

I just saw that pic of new Casio board and decided to think out loud.

I'm thinking how nice it would be to have a controller with great action (of course.) But here's the thing I would like. A touch screen that would mimic the computer program like Kontakt, etc. Then I could have control of instruments without having to go to computer. Since we probably will never see a mainstream controller with a built-in computer, this would be the next best thing.

???
Posted by: ando

Re: FUTURE CONTROLLER IDEA - 01/17/13 09:23 PM

Future Controller? You can't control the future... wink
Posted by: Amaruk

Re: FUTURE CONTROLLER IDEA - 01/17/13 09:46 PM

36251, I am sure all the big DP makers would like to ask you this: How much would you be willing to pay for it?
Posted by: sullivang

Re: FUTURE CONTROLLER IDEA - 01/17/13 10:21 PM

I think the VAX77 already does that to some degree, but minus the hammer action keyboard.

Here we are: VAX77 & MainStage

Well, I guess you want a much bigger screen, so you can do everything you can on the computer......

Greg.
Posted by: PianoWorksATL

Re: FUTURE CONTROLLER IDEA - 01/17/13 11:10 PM

As tablets improve, DP makers would simply do well to integrate to an App as an workstation or stage interface, not just as a peripheral to connect to.
Posted by: Temperament

Re: FUTURE CONTROLLER IDEA - 01/18/13 07:04 AM

Originally Posted By: ando
Future Controller? You can't control the future... wink

But the past... High Past Filter, Low Past Filter...
Posted by: Dr Popper

Re: FUTURE CONTROLLER IDEA - 01/18/13 07:22 AM

Originally Posted By: 36251
I just saw that pic of new Casio board and decided to think out loud.

I'm thinking how nice it would be to have a controller with great action (of course.) But here's the thing I would like. A touch screen that would mimic the computer program like Kontakt, etc. Then I could have control of instruments without having to go to computer. Since we probably will never see a mainstream controller with a built-in computer, this would be the next best thing.

???

As its already been stated the vac kind of does that but I've been using a similar setup by using a iPad fixed to the stand to control various elements particularly Roland's Integra 7
Posted by: Hubert

Re: FUTURE CONTROLLER IDEA - 01/18/13 10:08 AM

I replaced the stand of my N1 with a 24" touch screen.... kind of doing what you want may be....