What can I do with a sustain pedal that I might not need?

Posted by: adak

What can I do with a sustain pedal that I might not need? - 02/03/13 01:28 PM

I bought a sustain pedal and now I realize that I might not use it. Returning it is not an option cause shipping would be too expensive. Is there anything else I can use the pedal for?
Posted by: zapper

Re: What can I do with a sustain pedal that I might not need? - 02/03/13 01:47 PM

what do you play if I may ask that you don't need sustain pedal...

Re: What can I do with a sustain pedal that I might not need? - 02/03/13 02:01 PM

It is an extra pedal that I don't need. I am planning to get the Kawai VPC1 and it already has 3 pedals.
Posted by: Vectistim

Re: What can I do with a sustain pedal that I might not need? - 02/03/13 02:23 PM

Is it possible to setup such a pedal for page turning digital sheet music?
Posted by: anotherscott

Re: What can I do with a sustain pedal that I might not need? - 02/03/13 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: adak
I bought a sustain pedal and now I realize that I might not use it. Returning it is not an option cause shipping would be too expensive. Is there anything else I can use the pedal for?

On a workstation type of keyboard, you can program those pedals to do all sorts of things. On a clonewheel, you can usually use them to switch rotary speed.
Posted by: Dr Popper

Re: What can I do with a sustain pedal that I might not need? - 02/03/13 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By: adak

I've got some ideas .. especially for you smokin
Posted by: rocket88

Re: What can I do with a sustain pedal that I might not need? - 02/03/13 08:21 PM

I think it is called a non-latching pedal.

It has a lot of uses, such as to start and stop a drum machine.
Posted by: Peter B

Re: What can I do with a sustain pedal that I might not need? - 02/03/13 09:17 PM

Cut off the cable and use it as a paperweight
Posted by: Possum SP280Krome

Re: What can I do with a sustain pedal that I might not need? - 02/03/13 09:54 PM

How much was it? Can you craigslist it?
Posted by: Jeff Clef

Re: What can I do with a sustain pedal that I might not need? - 02/03/13 10:43 PM

Multi-track recorders can also use such pedals, and they never come with them.

Hold onto it for insurance, you never know when your gear will go to pedal heaven.
Posted by: voxpops

Re: What can I do with a sustain pedal that I might not need? - 02/03/13 10:58 PM

If you buy another you can use them together as hand-grip exercisers.
Posted by: Kawai James

Re: What can I do with a sustain pedal that I might not need? - 02/03/13 11:54 PM

How about rigging it up to the flush mechanism of your toilet?

If the pedal supports progressive pedalling, you could perhaps even set it up for 'half' or 'full' flushes.

James
x
Posted by: MVshabeer2

Re: What can I do with a sustain pedal that I might not need? - 02/04/13 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai James
How about rigging it up to the flush mechanism of your toilet?

If the pedal supports progressive pedalling, you could perhaps even set it up for 'half' or 'full' flushes.

James
x

LOL, you rocks James.

Is Kawai making progressive flush pedal any soon.
Posted by: o0Ampy0o

Re: What can I do with a sustain pedal that I might not need? - 02/04/13 02:35 AM

Wrap the cord in a circle and dangle the pedal in the center like a Christmas wreath with a bell. Cut off your left ear and glue it to the pedal. Spray everything with polyurethane. Hang it on the music room wall and call it Magnificent van Pedogh.

Re: What can I do with a sustain pedal that I might not need? - 02/04/13 04:07 AM

I hope none of you are comedians, if so you all should really stick with playing piano instead. smile