UVI Acoustic Pianos VSTs

Posted by: Tyruke

UVI Acoustic Pianos VSTs - 02/06/13 03:02 AM

Has anyone tried this companies VST pianos?

There site doesn't seem to list a lot of specs, but there Fazioli grand seems interesting to me...

http://www.uvisoundsource.com/acoustic-pianos/index.php/cPath/9
Posted by: davinwv

Re: UVI Acoustic Pianos VSTs - 02/06/13 08:58 AM

I have both the UVI piano libraries. I picked them up when they were deeply discounted in November.

In short, neither is very good, and you may be better served by saving your money for the VI Labs TrueKeys library or Ivory II American D.
Posted by: piRround

Re: UVI Acoustic Pianos VSTs - 02/06/13 12:27 PM

I bought the UVI piano a couple years ago from the Apple App Store. It was under $30.00 and could be used as a stand-alone or through GB I think. I so disliked the sound of it that I couldn't be bothered to spend much time trying to tweak it. It was called UVIGrand I think. I don't think it was a Fazioli.

A lot of it is a matter of taste. What I don't like, you may like very much. Is there a demo?
Posted by: Tyruke

Re: UVI Acoustic Pianos VSTs - 02/06/13 02:05 PM

It was this specific piano that interested me.

http://www.uvisoundsource.com/acoustic-p...686bfafdcd286da

It's the Fazioli I was mentioning earlier...

Their audio demos sound really nice to me

But I just also realized it uses ilok which I don't have yet.
Posted by: dmd

Re: UVI Acoustic Pianos VSTs - 02/06/13 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Tyruke
Their audio demos sound really nice to me

Come to think of it, I do not believe I have ever heard a demo that did not sound nice.

But, somehow, that "nice" sound never reaches my ears after I purchase it.
Posted by: o0Ampy0o

Re: UVI Acoustic Pianos VSTs - 02/06/13 10:44 PM

I've heard demos...
...I liked.
...I did not like.
...I liked and was disappointed when I dug into the product.
...I did not like but liked the product when I dug into it.
I have also heard good demos and found the product lived up to them.
I have also heard good user demos that surpassed any of the company's demos and changed my mind about a product.

As for the UVI Fazioli, it sounds a little better than a decent internal DP sound, which is not saying a lot for it. A software piano plug-in should sound a heck of a lot better than what is available in current DPs.
Posted by: davinwv

Re: UVI Acoustic Pianos VSTs - 02/07/13 08:45 AM

Originally Posted By: o0Ampy0o
I've heard demos...
As for the UVI Fazioli, it sounds a little better than a decent internal DP sound, which is not saying a lot for it. A software piano plug-in should sound a heck of a lot better than what is available in current DPs.

Exactly! Both of these UVI pianos sound like mediocre ROMpler / DP pianos to me.