Bad echo with PreSonus AudioBox

Posted by: Dan Clark

Bad echo with PreSonus AudioBox - 02/07/13 12:31 AM

I bought a PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL. Overall I like it, but when an analog or MIDI signal is routed through it, the sound in my BeyerDynamic 770 Pro headphones has a bad echo. Any ideas what might be causing the echo?

Thanks,

Dan.
Posted by: Bane

Re: Bad echo with PreSonus AudioBox - 02/07/13 07:08 PM

Latency?
Posted by: Dan Clark

Re: Bad echo with PreSonus AudioBox - 02/08/13 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Bane
Latency?

Blake,

It might be latency, but I thought latency was a delay between hitting a key and hearing a sound. I don't notice any delay.

Also, my laptop uses an Intel Core i5 CPU. OS is Win7/64 with 8GB of memory. The disk is a 7200 rpm disk - fairly fast for a laptop. I would be surprised if the issue was latency. (If I was running something like Ivory Keys, latency could easily be an issue.)

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Regards,

Dan.
Posted by: Stevesie

Re: Bad echo with PreSonus AudioBox - 02/08/13 12:15 AM

Try different settings on the input monitoring and/ stereo mix monitoring. Ie enabling or disabling monitoring. Sorry I can't be more specific!
Posted by: slowtraveler

Re: Bad echo with PreSonus AudioBox - 02/08/13 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Dan Clark
I bought a PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL. Overall I like it, but when an analog or MIDI signal is routed through it, the sound in my BeyerDynamic 770 Pro headphones has a bad echo. Any ideas what might be causing the echo?

Thanks,

Dan.

Dan,

Sounds like you might be hearing both direct sound from the audio inputs and the same sound returned from your DAW but delayed by the total amount of system latency (A/D/A plus processing delay). Maybe check the front panel of your 44VSL to make sure the Mixer knob is in full CCW position when monitoring audio inputs directly?

Regards,

Ben