Any thoughts on YDP 161 now that there is price reduction?

Posted by: Possum SP280Krome

Any thoughts on YDP 161 now that there is price reduction? - 02/09/13 06:23 PM

Hello, I saw that this is now at $1,299 and I have a 20% coupon that would enable me to purchase it for $1,040. Granted, the YDP 162 is coming out soon, but the 161 is still a pretty nice instrument and of course there is only one other option for less with GH action.
Posted by: gvfarns

Re: Any thoughts on YDP 161 now that there is price reduction? - 02/09/13 10:08 PM

Nice, cheap stuff.

Beware, though. The thing I noticed about the YDP 161 is that it does not have audio out jacks, so you won't be able to use it with your monitors.
Posted by: Charles Cohen

Re: Any thoughts on YDP 161 now that there is price reduction? - 02/10/13 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: gvfarns
. . .
Beware, though. The thing I noticed about the YDP 161 is that it does not have audio out jacks, so you won't be able to use it with your monitors.

Couldn't you use the headphone jack to drive monitors?

. charles
Posted by: xorbe

Re: Any thoughts on YDP 161 now that there is price reduction? - 02/10/13 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Charles Cohen

Yeah, my brother does that with a P70 at his church -- the only catch is that the volume must remain around 75% else it'll crackle / distort.
Posted by: peterws

Re: Any thoughts on YDP 161 now that there is price reduction? - 02/10/13 04:51 AM

The eadpone socket gives good results for simple recording on the computer.
Posted by: Possum SP280Krome

Re: Any thoughts on YDP 161 now that there is price reduction? - 02/10/13 08:36 AM

I might go try this out again today; I have played it a few times over the years and it was always a nice unit at $1,600; and I think at around $1,040 it offers quite a bit in terms of the action (which I am becoming more focused on lately).
Posted by: gvfarns

Re: Any thoughts on YDP 161 now that there is price reduction? - 02/10/13 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Charles Cohen
Originally Posted By: gvfarns
. . .

. charles

Yes, but typically with a good bit of signal degradation and the potential for a lot of hassle trying to getting the levels right.