Please help with music files...

Posted by: dr.dai phan

Please help with music files... - 02/11/13 11:17 AM

Hello all,

I have a CD that has 15 tracks of my music and I would like to put them in files that people can click and hear the music. This is to be posted on FaceBook for my friends to hear rather than on You Tube. Can someone advise me on how to do this? Thanks Dai
Posted by: dannac

Re: Please help with music files... - 02/11/13 11:30 AM

You will need a software program that will transfer (rip) the tracks from the CD onto your computer.

Then upload from computer to facebook page.
Posted by: dr.dai phan

Re: Please help with music files... - 02/11/13 11:43 AM

Originally Posted By: dannac
You will need a software program that will transfer (rip) the tracks from the CD onto your computer.

Then upload from computer to facebook page.

Hi

Do you know or recommend a program? Thanks DP
Posted by: mabraman

Re: Please help with music files... - 02/11/13 04:19 PM

Load the music cd in your pc. Open your windows browser. Copy/past files from your cd unit to documents/my music. You don't need to do anything else before uploading them.
Posted by: Charles Cohen

Re: Please help with music files... - 02/11/13 04:48 PM

What's the format of the files on the CD?

If they're "WAV" files, they'll be big (about 10 megabytes per minute). You'll want to compress them into "MP3" files before distributing them.

Two ways to do that (in Windows):

. . . Use the Windows Media Player to "rip" the
. . . files into MP3 format -- simplest way;

. . . Use a program like "Audacity" -- a free,
. . . general-purpose recording program --
. . . to "rip" ("export", in Audacity-speak)
. . . them into MP3 files.

The advantage of Audacity is that you'll have a chance to edit the recordings before ripping and distributing them. The disadvantage is that it's a big package, and it's hard to isolate _exactly_ what you'll have to learn.

If you're not fully comfortable with computers, this is a good job for a teen-age child.

. charles
Posted by: dannac

Re: Please help with music files... - 02/11/13 05:38 PM

Quote:

Do you know or recommend a program? Thanks DP

As someone mentioned Windows Media Player will do it and you most likely already have it on your computer.

I prefer a program called freerip.
http://www.freerip.com/