One lady owner?

Posted by: justpin

One lady owner? - 02/12/13 11:16 AM

When people sell second hand cars people often state one lady owner....

It is supposed to conjure up thoughts of a woman driving carefully and slowly therefore not putting much wear on the gear box and the engine. Except driving slowly like this wears the engine and gear box out even more.

However increasingly on DP adverts I see one lady owner, whats that supposed to mean? ha since my first teacher used to play FF all the time!
Posted by: gvfarns

Re: One lady owner? - 02/12/13 11:45 AM

Haha, yeah, little old ladies can play plenty vigorously and often. But she probably didn't haul it around to gigs. At least not by herself.
Posted by: Nikolas

Re: One lady owner? - 02/12/13 11:52 AM

In Greece ladies have statistically more accidents than gents do! wink
Posted by: LesCharles73

Re: One lady owner? - 02/12/13 08:59 PM

I once heard a story about a guy who finally bought a new car and was very gentle on the breaks (ie; coasting in to stops, etc). A month later, he had to take it in for repair because the rotors had been destroyed due to the break pads not being properly broken in. So I agree about the "Sunday Driver" bit. Even if true, it's not always a good thing. Of course DP's aren't much like cars so it may or may not apply here -- I just thought it was a funny story.
Posted by: peterws

Re: One lady owner? - 02/13/13 06:06 AM

Another ole lady story, this is true. She was driving her front wheel drive Mini over the Cat and Fiddle Pass in the Peak District. It had been closed by police due to the snow, and was full of abandaned vehicles. She gained access somehow, got over, and the police asked her how. "Its the snow chains officer!" she proclaimed proudly.

They were on her rear wheels . . .