Need recommendations on digital piano

Posted by: xiaofeipo

Need recommendations on digital piano - 07/12/13 02:15 AM

Hi friends. I will be starting to learn piano in next month and am currently looking for a digital piano. Currently I have Yamaha YDP162, Yamaha YDP142, and Korg LP380 on the list. Can anybody please give me some reviews on these digital pianos? Any recommendations for other brands and models? Thank you smile
Posted by: Clayman

Re: Need recommendations on digital piano - 07/12/13 08:30 AM

If I remember correctly, from the pianos you have listed, the YDP162 is probably the preferred model among the fellow forumers here. You could try searching this subforum for any hints and opinions. There have been many threads from people seeking advice on their (first) purchase.

Also, as I said in your thread in the piano section, it always helps if you state how much you're willing to spend on the piano. We could then find some alternatives you may not have initially considered. smile
Posted by: gvfarns

Re: Need recommendations on digital piano - 07/12/13 10:05 AM

The best digital at a given price point kind of depends on which country you are in and therefore what prices you have available to you. The YDP162 is the cheapest console-styled Yamaha that features the GH action (instead of the less expensive GHS). For that reason it's a rather common purchase.

But for example in the US, the P155 is significantly cheaper and the slab form factor is something a lot of people (including myself) prefer. Also consider other brands, for example the Kawai EP3. If you raise your budget a little a lot of other options pop up as well.

Outside the US you may get a completely different list. Someone was just mentioning that in their country the P155 costs about the same as the far superior Kawai ES7 and Roland FP7F.