Heirarchy of Kawai Digitals

Posted by: dmd

Heirarchy of Kawai Digitals - 09/28/13 03:20 PM

I am wondering if someone can lay out the hierarchy of Kawai digital pianos from the top down.

They have CN, CA, CS, CE, etc ....

and I am not sure of the quality order of these by looking at their website.

Thanks
Posted by: peterws

Re: Heirarchy of Kawai Digitals - 09/28/13 03:30 PM

I have a feeling it`s reflected in the price differences. The better pianos will also have a higher frontage; bit like a Chef`s hat . . .

Helpful aren`t I? grin
Posted by: JFP

Re: Heirarchy of Kawai Digitals - 09/28/13 04:28 PM

Current models high-end to low(er) end:

CS10 - CA95 (same technology , other cabinet) ; GF keys, HI-XL engine. Soundboard
CS7 - CA65 (idem); GF keys, HI-XL enigine
CA-15; RM II keys, PHI engine
CS4 - CN34 (idem) - ES7 (portable model, but with stand & pedals somewhat equal to CN34) RH-II keys, PHI engine
CN24, RH-II keys, PHI engine
ES100, Advanced Hammer Action IV-F. HI engine

Stage models: MP6 & MP10 (due to be replaced by updated versions somewhere in the not too far future).

VPC1 - software piano controller , same keys as the CA-15 (RM II), no sound-engine

Posted by: jarosujo

Re: Heirarchy of Kawai Digitals - 09/28/13 05:04 PM

You forgot CL-36 laugh
Posted by: JFP

Re: Heirarchy of Kawai Digitals - 09/29/13 03:44 AM

I was focussing on current models (exception mp series which has become a bit old). The rest of the cl series is a bit older...
Posted by: jarosujo

Re: Heirarchy of Kawai Digitals - 09/29/13 08:36 AM

CL-36 is current model.

http://www.kawai.de/digitalpianos_en.htm

This link could be (kind of) answer for OP, but only for Europe.
Posted by: pianoworldanon

Re: Heirarchy of Kawai Digitals - 09/29/13 09:22 AM

Originally Posted By: JFP
Current models high-end to low(er) end:

CS10 - CA95 (same technology , other cabinet) ; GF keys, HI-XL engine. Soundboard
CS7 - CA65 (idem); GF keys, HI-XL enigine
CA-15; RM II keys, PHI engine
CS4 - CN34 (idem) - ES7 (portable model, but with stand & pedals somewhat equal to CN34) RH-II keys, PHI engine
CN24, RH-II keys, PHI engine
ES100, Advanced Hammer Action IV-F. HI engine

Stage models: MP6 & MP10 (due to be replaced by updated versions somewhere in the not too far future).

VPC1 - software piano controller , same keys as the CA-15 (RM II), no sound-engine

This is a thread I also would like to keep track of. I personally found Kawai's site confusing with all those models. I'd like to know where the MP6 sound quality compare to the above pianos. In all honesty, do you think a person would be able to tell the difference between the mP6 vs. the CA65?? I'd like to hear it from someone who owns the MP6 and the CA65 in terms of both Touch and Sound, though sound would come first.
Posted by: Emiliano

Re: Heirarchy of Kawai Digitals - 09/30/13 04:23 AM

I personally noticed a substantial sound difference btw CS and CA....even in the headphones. Their action and sound engine r the same, I know but they sound different even using headphones.
I even asked other people who happened to be in the store to try them with and without headphones, and they all noticed the sound difference....make sure u put your hands on all of them before taking the decision. I wanted the CA65 so bad, until I tried the CS7....