Piano World Home Page
Posted By: EddieK Help with installing VSTs - 03/31/15 03:26 AM
I've downloaded City piano and there's only 2 files in the folder. One is a .dll and the other is a .mse.
Where is the installation or .exe file?
I also tried to download VSUpright and same thing...Only a .mse and .dll file.
Posted By: Kawai James Re: Help with installing VSTs - 03/31/15 03:45 AM
You will need to copy the .dll files to the plugins folder of your DAW, or tell your DAW to scan a folder containing the .dll files.

Again, Google is your friend here - try searching for 'install VST .dll' to find lots of information about this kind of topic.

Kind regards,
James
x
Posted By: MacMacMac Re: Help with installing VSTs - 03/31/15 01:23 PM
The .dll file is the software interface between the DAW software and the piano library. As KJ said, the DAW needs to know where to find that .dll file.

On Windows XP:
...These files usually go into the C:\Program Files\Vstplugins folder.

On Windows 7:
...The 32-bit version of the .dll usually goes into C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins
...The 64-bit version of the .dll usually goes into C:\Program Files\Vstplugins

Most DAW software "knows" to look in those places.

But as KJ also said, the file can go somewhere else ... anywhere else at all. But in that case you'll have to tell the DAW software where it is.

As for the .mse file? I don't know what that is. I'm guessing that it contains the sound samples, so it's probably a very big file. The manufacturer can tell you where it goes. Isn't there a manual or user guide? I'm guessing that it should go in the same folder as that .dll file.
Posted By: EddieK Re: Help with installing VSTs - 04/02/15 07:18 PM
Okay thanks.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums