Suzuki, Kawai and Viscount

Posted by: luckishot

Suzuki, Kawai and Viscount - 03/06/03 05:16 PM

I am new to this forum, but have noticed very little mention of Suzuki, Kawai, and Viscount digitals. I am looking for a $2K or less digital console piano to fit a tight space in a winter home. I play a Kawai acoustical grand back home so I'd like something with a decent keyboard action and piano sounds. Additional instrument sounds would be a bonus, but not high priority for me.

Anyone have experience with the Suzuki HP11w or HP105w, the Kawai CA1000 or CA1200, or the Viscount Opera? (All of these are advertised to have wooden keybeds with mechanical hammer actions).
Posted by: iyi bir piano

Re: Suzuki, Kawai and Viscount - 03/06/03 07:29 PM

None of the other two brands you mentioned are in the same category with Kawai. Also quality could be an issue with the two others. If I were you, I'll try two take a look at Technics, Roland and Kawai.By the way I don't think the Kawai CA-1000 sells for around $2000.
Posted by: luckishot

Re: Suzuki, Kawai and Viscount - 03/07/03 09:32 PM

Thanks for your input, Iyi. I know the Kawai list price is around $3600, so you are right that the selling price would probably not get down to $2K. I think the Suzuki and Viscount might be closer, and I agree that they may shave corners with quality to get the price down. I am just hoping that there is someone out there who has one of these digitals and can provide user feedback on them.
Posted by: iyi bir piano

Re: Suzuki, Kawai and Viscount - 03/08/03 03:36 PM

Well, I can tell you based on my own experience with the three brands. The Susuki and Viscount sounds are very poor and the actions are not good. I've seen few Susukis that come with fuses. Those often get burned and it is a pain to be replacing them.
Look at a Roland MP-500 or Kawai CN-380 both are in your price range.