keyboard/benches/stools

Posted by: specialk

keyboard/benches/stools - 02/28/03 12:09 AM

Am an older beginner keyboard/piano novice of several months. Am interested in finding a good bench to purchase. Has anyone heard of Soundseat or better yet even use one of their products. They are suppossed to be user friendly and ergonomically constructed for primary use by drummers and guitarists but also have keyboard/piano/computer models. Is there a difference between acoustical piano benches and stools vs those for keyboards. Is adjustability a must feature. I have a Casio WK1630 with thier standard holder and a cheap folding seat which I purchased to get started. Although I love to practice, being a bit older my body often does not know this. This is my first post so I hope it is in somewhat of the right place and not inappropriate. Thanks. specialk
Posted by: SteveY

Re: keyboard/benches/stools - 02/28/03 08:30 AM

Hi Specialk. Welcome.
Unless this seat is huge dollars, I'd say there's not much to a decision like this. If you think it's comfortable, it IS comfortable. I can't speak to the reliability as I don't own one. But I'd imagine that you'd be able to learn a great deal just by trying it out. I have a couple stands from Quik-lok. Not particularly comfortable, but very rugged.