Quik-Lok stands, which one?

Posted by: Jacob the Bastard

Quik-Lok stands, which one? - 10/26/02 08:57 PM

I'm trying to decide on a quiklok stand for a roland rd 700. There are about a million though from $40 to $200 with all kinds of crazy contraptions. Can I save 50 dollars and use a coat hanger as a sheet music stand? What are all the teirs for? Multiple keyboards? Is the x shape better than the z? Any recommendations from a quiklok owner?
Posted by: SteveY

Re: Quik-Lok stands, which one? - 10/27/02 12:34 AM

I have two Quik-Lok stands. I have a Z stand in my studio and an X stand for gigs. They're both great. The Z stand that I have is a little more stable while the X stand is more portable. If you get an X stand, make sure you get a double-braced one for the RD700. As for all the add-ons, my X stand has two tiers, but I need them. If you don't have two keyboards, you don't need an extra tier. I don't use any music stand attachments although I can see the value in them. I also have used Ultimate Support stands. They also make very fine products. Definitely worth a look.
Posted by: Jacob the Bastard

Re: Quik-Lok stands, which one? - 10/27/02 11:16 PM

Thanks, I'm going to get a z stand (single tier). The site where I bought my piano (musicianbuy.com (rd-700 for 1519!) sells quik-lok products pretty cheap. But I'll keep an eye out for Ultimate Support products in the future. Your advice has helped me out more than once, I really appreciate it.

How long have you been performing? Do you just perform or do you compose too?