Newbie needs help!!

Posted by: The Professor26

Newbie needs help!! - 02/06/04 02:05 PM

I've been reading & searching this forum and have really learned a great deal. I have found that I can't find the answer to my question though.

I play guitar & sing in a jazz/funk style band. We have no keys but are really searching. I can play the keys a little bit and was wanting to get a sub $1000 keyboard to have on stage for some little things that I can do. Everything I search brings up boards that are a little pricier than my means.

Weighted would be a plus, but I know with this budget probably not.

Used would be fine.

Thanks in advance for any help here and if I am missing this info somewhere else please let me know the search terms you are using as I am not a real keyboard player!!
Posted by: Bob Muir

Re: Newbie needs help!! - 02/06/04 02:19 PM

If you don't need weighted keys, the Yamaha DGX-500 would be great for your needs! A gazillion voices and a pretty decent grand piano sound with some reverb.

If you need weighted keys but not all the voices, then a P90 would work.
Posted by: The Professor26

Re: Newbie needs help!! - 02/06/04 02:33 PM

Bob,

Thanks for the quick reply! The P90 looks to be right up my ally. I do have one question though, I've played some really cheap boards before that will cut notes off if you get going on them. Is this board powerful enough to not do that?
Posted by: Bob Muir

Re: Newbie needs help!! - 02/07/04 01:15 AM

Yup. But regardless, you should try before you buy. Any major music store (i.e. Guitar Center) should have one in stock.