kawai cp200

Posted by: Kimble Ross

kawai cp200 - 07/05/01 12:45 PM

My wife and I are looking to buy digital grant piano. Wondering if some one else has done some research on this subject. Pirce, quality, repair records, features.
Thanks

Kimble
Posted by: Lori

Re: kawai cp200 - 08/03/01 11:17 PM

I am also in the market for a digital grand and have just begun the "research". It is tough because I keep getting conflicting advise from sales-people who are obviously looking to sell me a brand that they carry. I liked the Roland KR-977 and was quoted $8,900.00 plus tax and delivery. I am also interested in the Viscount Meistro for which I was quoted $6,500.00 delivered. The Yamaha's were more expensive and on the surface I liked the sounds of the Roland and Viscount better than Yamaha and Samick. Kurzweil had a great sound, but I preferred that look of the Roland and Viscount. I hope you get some advise and will probably check in and see if I could get some more help as well.
Posted by: Jerry Van Ee

Re: kawai cp200 - 08/04/01 11:22 PM

The topic is called Kawai CP200 but no one is talking about it. I played it a few months ago and loved it. I wanted our church to buy one but the purists insisted we get a "real piano". Since they have now budgetted enough for a real piano who am I to complain. One thing I did hear about the digitals is that they depreciate about as fast as computers. I saw a two year old Kurzweil that looked and sounded as good as the CP200 and was less than half the price because it was used. The store said they would sell it for around $ 6000 Canadian dollars. (This is less than $ 4000 in US dollars.) It was a fabulous deal. The store is in Vancouver, BC, Canada. If anyone is interested they can email me for specific details.

Jerry