Viscount?

Posted by: annelynne

Viscount? - 11/10/03 06:50 PM

The only brands I've seen discussed on this forum are Yamaha and Roland. I'm researching the piano I would like to buy and am curious to hear reviews for Viscount. I'm basically looking for the piano with the sound and feel closest to the acoustic piano. I don't need all kinds of sounds and options and I know I'm not interested in a Yamaha. I guess basically I've narrowed it down between Roland and Viscount, but I've heard little about the latter.
Posted by: JimM

Re: Viscount? - 11/11/03 01:40 AM

Do a search on "Viscount" and you'll find a number of threads that mention them. There appears to be a general lack of enthusiasm.
Posted by: Zymtil

Re: Viscount? - 11/11/03 02:00 AM

While I've heard some negative remarks about Viscount, but that is not to say that they don't have a few lines that are acceptable.
Some things to consider (a little more info might help in getting a more helpful reply):
What models/price range are you looking at?
Are you looking for a piece of furniture (would you consider a stage piano, or do you want something that looks nice)?
Do you desire an external or internal speaker system?
Try out as many as possible before making a decision. Pay attention to the feel and sound of each. Be aware of the amplifier/speaker system you are playing each piano through (taking good headphones along may help).