yamaha clavinova

Posted by: Pham

yamaha clavinova - 08/03/06 03:45 AM

i guys i just buy this eletronic piano . but now i have a problem with the keys. everykeys that i play and after i release it . it makes a noice . because the key is going up and it touchs that wood thiinggi . how do i fix this guys . usually i see a piano with red rope to protect it . but i accidently didn't pay attention to this when i purchase. help me
Posted by: Monica K.

Re: yamaha clavinova - 08/03/06 10:07 AM

Did you buy it new? If so, it should be covered by warranty. I'd call the dealer and have them come look at it.

Did you play it before you bought it? Was it making the sound then or only after you brought it into your house? Maybe there was a mistake in the assembly process.

Good luck, and keep us posted on what it turns out to be.
Posted by: hawk85

Re: yamaha clavinova - 08/03/06 11:31 AM

I have a Clavinova and the keys are very quiet. There should be a strip of red felt at the back of the keys.
Posted by: johnny boy

Re: yamaha clavinova - 08/03/06 11:57 AM

Which model of Clavinova do you have? Are you sure it is not the normal "thunk" noise you hear?

Lots of digital pianos now have "hammer-action" keys, and it makes noise everytime you press the key. This is prefectly normal.
Posted by: signa

Re: yamaha clavinova - 08/03/06 01:20 PM

even an acoustic piano is making noise when a key is pressed or release (such as the sound of the hammer going up and down sort of things), as long as it doesn't affect piano sound much.
Posted by: oldcars

Re: yamaha clavinova - 08/03/06 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny boy:
Which model of Clavinova do you have? Are you sure it is not the normal "thunk" noise you hear?

Lots of digital pianos now have "hammer-action" keys, and it makes noise everytime you press the key. This is prefectly normal. [/b]
I agree. Mine has the heavy feel keys, but the noise isn't loud and appears normal to me.

Joel
Posted by: Pham

Re: yamaha clavinova - 08/03/06 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by hawk85:
I have a Clavinova and the keys are very quiet. There should be a strip of red felt at the back of the keys. [/b]
yes mine doesn't have that strip red things that you said here. to others
my yamaha clavinova model is CLP-810S. and its not a new i bought it used.

here is the pictures of my keyboard.

Posted by: ChristianQ

Re: yamaha clavinova - 07/11/10 04:41 PM

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. Does anybody came with a slolution? I have the same model.

Thanks.
Posted by: Dave Horne

Re: yamaha clavinova - 07/11/10 05:33 PM

If you think you have a problem with a Yamaha piano, contact Yamaha and not the good folks here.

Do I need to Google the Yamaha's contact information for you or can you do that yourself?