New Roland FP5

Posted by: Rod

New Roland FP5 - 02/19/03 05:20 AM

Hi. I'm new to this forum and I have certainly got a lot from the expertise and advice I have found here.
I bought a new Roland FP5 last week and I am thrilled. It's to my understanding that it was just recently exhibited at NAMM so I certainly have a new model. I'm glad of that, seeing how digitals can become outdated as fast as computers do.
I've been playing since I was six, first from music, but mostly by ear. My parents have a beautiful old acoustic player piano in their house about an hour away from where I live, but it's just too big for my residence. As well, it has some structural damage and moving it would be an absolute nightmare.
Prior to this new model, I had a Yamaha YPR-30 61 key portable unit but I just couldn't play properly on a 61 key unit which was very frustrating. Needless to say, I'm delighted to have an 88 key unit now.
I debated between Roland, Yamaha, Korg and Technics but the FP5 won out, with its sound and features. I wanted something I could take to parties, gigs, etc. and the FP5, with the built-in speakers for the living room seemed to be the best go for me.
If I have any questions or advise to give, I'll be around. Thanks all.
Rod
Posted by: erica w

Re: New Roland FP5 - 03/23/03 04:28 AM

Did you try a Yamaha p120 by any chance? If so what didn't you like about it? Also, did you try any Kurzweils out?
Posted by: iyi bir piano

Re: New Roland FP5 - 03/27/03 07:53 PM

I have played the Yamaha and Kurzweil and I think Roland's action is superior. Also the voices are very good, solid digital piano. Altough I personally like the EX-1 Kawai, it doesn't mean is better than the fp-5.
Posted by: rajoo_dup1

Re: New Roland FP5 - 04/27/03 05:40 AM

hi i am interested in fp-5 digital piano of roland pl help me in sellecting from korg-sp-300/ yamaha p-80/120/ wich is best out of this three models