Spruce Keys vs. Humidity

Posted by: WKS70

Spruce Keys vs. Humidity - 03/11/03 10:35 PM

This may be a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway...

I understand that some of the newer digital models use spruce keys. How does humidity affect them? What is better -- the spruce keys or the plastic whatever that has always been used in the past?

I questioned a salesman today about the keys, but it quickly became clear that I understood more about the inner workings of his product than he did. It was terrifying thought for him as the seller, and me as a potential buyer of his product. He accused me of working for a local, well-known digital technician that works for another piano store in the area!! A great deal of my info has come from reading through this forum, and I greatly appreciate all the help!
Posted by: BC

Re: Spruce Keys vs. Humidity - 03/30/03 07:09 PM

I assume that you are talking about the Kawais? I own a kawai and i have only experiences mild problems. Like... sometimes if the humidity isn't controled as well as it should be you will get a mild rubbing that can result in sticking keys. But that's only if there is a major humidity problem. Other than that i would say that they are wonderful! I love the feeling! really reacts like real piano keys do! Hope this helps!

BC