Yamaha FC4 Foot Pedal Good Choice?

Posted by: poohface

Yamaha FC4 Foot Pedal Good Choice? - 02/12/09 04:03 PM

I plan on buying the Yamaha P-155 once its released this April, and I want to buy the foot pedal ahead of time. I just bought the Yamaha L140 piano stand today, and I'm not sure if the Yamaha FC4 is the best pedal out there? Would any of you recommend it?

(Note: Yes, the L140 stand and FC4 pedal is compatible with the P-155!)

Thanks for your help!
Posted by: Cyph3r

Re: Yamaha FC4 Foot Pedal Good Choice? - 02/12/09 04:13 PM

I have the FC4 pedal, from my experience i think its really good. nice travel on the pedal and good resistance aswell as very good accuracy.

Re: Yamaha FC4 Foot Pedal Good Choice? - 02/12/09 04:26 PM

Cool, thanks for reply. I'll buy it as soon as possible then!
Posted by: Gerry Armstrong

Re: Yamaha FC4 Foot Pedal Good Choice? - 02/12/09 04:29 PM

You would be better with an FC3, more realistic.

Re: Yamaha FC4 Foot Pedal Good Choice? - 02/12/09 07:47 PM

I always thought FC4 was the newer/better one because of its name. But when I look at various websites, the FC3 is priced higher than the FC4.

Thanks Gerry for your response, you saved me from buying a pedal which I'm sure is good, but I want to buy the best.
Posted by: jscomposer

Re: Yamaha FC4 Foot Pedal Good Choice? - 02/13/09 04:16 AM

The P155 comes with the FC4 pedal. So you can get an FC3 which features half-damper effect, and plug the FC4 into the aux pedal jack for sostenuto or una corda.

On that note, I'm thoroughly disappointed that it's not truly 3-pedal functional. Unless of course, you go my route, which is expensive... http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/6/5981.html

This is what really pisses me off about Yamaha. Almost every digital piano they come out with lacks SOME basic feature.
Posted by: leon2245

Re: Yamaha FC4 Foot Pedal Good Choice? - 02/13/09 10:15 AM

That's a good idea, but just out of curiosity what is the advantage of the FC4, if any? I was just thinking that since the P-155 replaces the P-140, it would include a pedal that's at least as good or better than the FC3 (which is what came with the P-140).

Either way, I'm most excited about it having A.W.M. technology. I don't know what it means exactly, but I'm completely sold on it since the DGX with A.W.M. has nicer sounding tone than the P-140.
Posted by: Gerry Armstrong

Re: Yamaha FC4 Foot Pedal Good Choice? - 02/13/09 01:05 PM

The FC4 doesn't have any advantage, it's the cheaper pedal. The FC3 is the better pedal.

You need an FC3 to do half pedalling.

Re: Yamaha FC4 Foot Pedal Good Choice? - 02/13/09 02:08 PM

The bundle includes the FC4 but not the FC3? So Yamaha basically makes me live with a bad pedal or I can sell it. Hm....
Posted by: signa

Re: Yamaha FC4 Foot Pedal Good Choice? - 02/13/09 02:50 PM

Yamaha FC3 and 3-pedal set (LP5) are the only ones supporting half-pedal capacity. so, you can just forget all other Yamaha pedals.
Posted by: leon2245

Re: Yamaha FC4 Foot Pedal Good Choice? - 02/13/09 03:55 PM

But look at the bright side if you were expecting no pedal at all, since you were planning on buying an FC4 anyway. Now just make it an FC3 instead, and set it up per J.S.C.'s suggestion?