Portable 88 key Digital Pianos coming out in 2010

Posted by: Random01

Portable 88 key Digital Pianos coming out in 2010 - 10/04/09 11:40 PM

I'm just wondering if I should wait to get a DP coming out in 2010 instead of buying a new one now, if it's worth the wait.

If you know any portable DPs coming out in a year or so, please let me know!

Thanks!
Posted by: Kawai James

Re: Portable 88 key Digital Pianos coming out in 2010 - 10/04/09 11:57 PM

The Roland FP-4/FP-7, Yamaha CP33/CP300, and KAWAI MP5/MP8II have all been around for a few years. I would expect at least one (if not all) of the three major manufactures to refresh these lines at some point in 2010.

However, that being said, if we were all to hold off an impending purchase 'just in case' something bigger and better came along, I expect we'd never buy any electronics products.

If you do not mind waiting until the middle of January or so, I would hold off at least until the NAMM show.

Cheers,
James
x
Posted by: munkeegutz

Re: Portable 88 key Digital Pianos coming out in 2010 - 10/05/09 02:17 AM

Now if a piano was announced at the NAMM, about how far out would it be to actual commercial release? Weeks? months?
Posted by: Kawai James

Re: Portable 88 key Digital Pianos coming out in 2010 - 10/05/09 04:37 AM

It can vary. I recall the Avant Grand being unveiled at NAMM, however it only became available in dealer stores towards the end of summer.

Of course, Avant Grand is a rather special product. A piece of junk like a P-85 successor could be knocked out a couple of weeks after being unveiled.

Cheers,
James
x