casio cdp 200

Posted by: irene.g

casio cdp 200 - 10/15/09 09:50 PM

dose anyone have this dp.i thinking of getting one ,but i can,t find any info or sound sample that are in english can some one that has one sent me to a page that has something on it .thank you.
Posted by: galaxy4t

Re: casio cdp 200 - 10/15/09 10:34 PM

Irene,
The CDP 200 is not currently an offering in United States, although some posters on this forum have seen them at Costco selling for about $500. However, they do not appear on the US website as an offering from Casio. It is essentially a WK 500 with weighted keys. It does offer a lot of sounds for the money, however, the CDP line is of lower quality than a Casio Privia. If you take a trip to a Guitar Center, you could probably find a CDP 100 (the older model) to check out. The keyboards have noisy action and the sound source used in them (HL) is not as good as what is used in the Privia (AIF). The CDP line has low polyphony meaning that using the on board rhythms along with layering sounds and using the sustain pedal can cause notes to drop out. You would be better off looking at a PX 330 if you like the CDP 200.
Posted by: Nikalette

Re: casio cdp 200 - 10/15/09 10:53 PM

http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/emi/compact/cdp200r/

I was thinking of getting this also, but ended up getting a WK200 which is not as good, but I wanted it for practice with the built in songs. Unfortunately I have to return the WK200 because it was sent without the songbook. Even tho' it was refurbished, the songbook should have been included.

Anyway, there is a review on Utube in ENglish, I'll try to dig it up and post it. It's nice for the price and I've seen it for sale online.
Posted by: marimorimo

Re: casio cdp 200 - 10/16/09 05:50 AM

I've mucked around a bit with it at the Casio showroom and though the extra bells and whistles and features on it are nice, the the keyboard touch and sound isn't quite as good as the Privias (especially the new PX-n30 series).
Posted by: irene.g

Re: casio cdp 200 - 10/16/09 10:22 AM

thanks i live in ontario and it is 750.00 with stand.i.ll ceck the other ones as long as thier wirghted keys.i like the roland ones but way to much money for me.