Piano World Home Page
Posted By: ssli Buying Yamaha CLP330PE or CLP340PE in New York - 11/01/09 12:21 AM
I am trying to get a nice digital piano for my mother, who is an intermediatebeginner player of acoustic piano. The current place she lives will only be suitable for digital piano. My budget is around $2k -3k. The quote I got for a CLP330PE in Long Island New York is about $3150 (not inlcuding tax or delivery). This seems high and almost the price for a CLP340PE? What should I prepare to pay for a CLP330PE or a CLP340PE? Anyone know a good dealer in NYC area? Thanks for your kind help.
In Oklahoma, I was quoted $2600 for a CLP330PE. The redwood is $1999.00 and the dealer said PE is about $600.00 more. I have the CLP340 Rosewood in layaway and am paying $2600 for it. I can't afford the luxury of PE for $600 more, or I would have jumped on it. Good luck! Very nice gift for your mother!
I am also in the market for a digital myself. Not in any rush, just kinda shop around now. In the Boston/New Hampshire area yesterday I was quote CLP340 PE for $2,990 and CLP330 PE for $2,600. They also have a CLP270 for $2,700. I was particularly interested in the CLP340PE so I didn't really negotiate the CLP330PE. If I was serious about the CLP330PE, I think I can get it down to around $2,400 or at most $2,500. I spent about 2 hours at the shop trying the CLP270, CLP330 and CLP340. I felt in love with the CLP340. Your mom is very lucky. Best of luck.
Thanks a lot for sharing the info. Your prices are much better. Which dealer in Boston/NH area, Nyugen? My dealer told me that Yamaha allowed dealer to give phone quote starting Nov 1st, now. Maybe I can just buy from NH and ship to my mom if the assembling is easy?
Originally Posted by ssli
Thanks a lot for sharing the info. Your prices are much better. Which dealer in Boston/NH area, Nyugen? My dealer told me that Yamaha allowed dealer to give phone quote starting Nov 1st, now. Maybe I can just buy from NH and ship to my mom if the assembling is easy?

ssli: the Dealer is Darrell's Music Hall, 75 Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060 (800) 339-6818. Talk to Adam or Manny. I just called and asked their permission to post their info here for you and talked to Adam. He said they'd deliver to NYC but with higher cost and that he needs to talk with you to make that decision. In my area, it's $100 deliver & assemble. Talk to him, maybe delivery & assembly isn't that bad. Good luck.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums