Privia advice please

Posted by: mikey h

Privia advice please - 11/15/09 04:13 AM

Hi all
I am considering buying a Casio PX120. Price £350 delivered.
I want something that sounds good and is similer to playing a real piano in terms of action, response etc and a good sound, so my Question is.
Would the PX120 be O.K.
Is it worth going up to the 130 or 320 or 330? Purely from the keyboard feel and sound, not all the other features.
All input advice very much appreciated.
thanks
mike h
Posted by: Kawai James

Re: Privia advice please - 11/15/09 04:31 AM

Why not try both the PX-130 and PX-120, compare the two, and decide whether or not the newer model is worth paying the extra.

Cheers,
James
x
Posted by: mikey h

Re: Privia advice please - 11/15/09 05:52 AM

Would try them but there is nowhere local to try. I am going mail order hence asking for advice, but thanks good advice if I could.

mike
Posted by: russ2246

Re: Privia advice please - 11/16/09 01:23 AM

If you only need a decent piano sound and some other basic functions, then the PX-120 or PX-130 is for you.

I've played them both at the same time and although the 130 sounds slightly better, the feel is very much the same and the sound is still very decent. I was until yesterday an owner of a PX-120 (Sold it for $350), but I'm upgrading to a Roland RD-700GX.

The bigger models such as the 320 or 330 aren't that amazing. the only difference is some more tones for a lot more money.

The Privia is a good series for those on a smaller budget. Make sure you get a good stand. The Casio made CS-65 is the best. You can get it for about $100, but any 88key stand will work. X stands are a no-no for these pianos. They're super wobbly and will interfere with your playing.

Best of luck! I can try and answer more questions if you have them. grin
Posted by: marimorimo

Re: Privia advice please - 11/16/09 03:08 AM

I own both the PX-720 and PX-730 which are essentially the PX-120 and PX-130 on a cabinet and I have to say that the newer model has a better touch and slightly better tone. I still love my PX-720, but if I had to choose one or the other, I'll stick with the PX-730.

So unless you're getting the PX-120 on a knockout clearance sale for a huge discount, I suggest you spring for the newer model.

P.S. If you're going to get the Casio stand and 3-pedal unit to go with the stage piano, you may be better off with getting a console type (it might even be cheaper).