YPG 635 dsp settings

Posted by: aethynyc

YPG 635 dsp settings - 12/07/09 03:48 PM

Hi!

I have a ypg-635 and was wondering if anyone has some good settings for dsp/chorus effects (hall 1 hall 2, room 6, etc) (or any other settings) you recommend.

I'm looking for a few sounds.

1. Best clear sounding grand piano (when i turn my volume max sometimes with different fx's they make a screeching sound).

2. A more digital piano feel.

3. Anything that sounds unique
Posted by: Nikalette

Re: YPG 635 dsp settings - 12/07/09 05:50 PM

Thanks for asking this, I'm trying to figure it out too.

One thing I noticed, when I play one of the built in songs - Fur Elise, (the keyboard recorded version, not me actually playing), the sound is lovely, better than the factory presets...I think the built-ins as well as the songs on the CD ROM do have specific settings, where to find them, I don't know yet, but if you listen for a sound you like on the songs, and can f ind the settings built into the song, you should try those.
Posted by: aethynyc

Re: YPG 635 dsp settings - 12/08/09 06:00 PM

Im not at home currently but i belive im using one of the plates and halls together mixed and it makes a pretty nice normal grand piano sound with some reverb. Its also able to handle max volume pretty well except on certain keys.

I really want a stage feel using the stage dsp but when it gets loud it sounds kinda exaggerated?

Have you also tried dual instruments using like a grand and digital piano together?

Let me know if you find out more! smile