Kawai CP 207 ?

Posted by: FLEETWOOD

Kawai CP 207 ? - 12/12/09 06:20 AM

HI
I have been taking lesson for 8 month now & I have the chance
of buying a Kawai digital baby grand CP 207. And would like
to know if Kawai is a Quality piano & if the price of $6000.00
for this model is good? The piano is brand new from the dealer.
Posted by: Huygens

Re: Kawai CP 207 ? - 12/12/09 08:48 AM

Kawai is know by many to have the (second) best keyboards on DPs, (possibly) only outperformed by the Yamaha AvantGrand. Though some people might argue that the PHA III keyboard (on Roland V-Piano) is comparable. The Kawais seem to have very long life times (with minor repairs) and the one you found is new.

So...

You have a CP207 with absolutely world class keyboard action to an excellent price (I would say). Now everything boils down to:

1. ..the grand piano sounds (or whatever sound you look for), do you like the sounds?

Remember, the Kawai CP207 does not have the absolutely latest generation of sound from Kawai. I think only the CN42 & CN32 have the latest sound technology today (please, correct me if I'm wrong as new models might be around the corner). My guess is though that it will take some while before a new CP207 sees the light, with an updated sound engine (the Progressive HIS Technology).
Posted by: BillM

Re: Kawai CP 207 ? - 12/12/09 09:13 AM

FLEETWOOD- When I was considering the CP207D this past summer the best price I could find for a new one from a dealer was $11K (I went to several dealers). I think that is a great price for what is, in my opinion, a great digital piano.
Posted by: Huygens

Re: Kawai CP 207 ? - 12/12/09 09:19 AM

Hmm, this one was hard to find a sales price on, the best one so far is $9450 (<- link, net sales price)!

Edit: You say it's new, but could it be a shop demo ex? The price is remarkably low. I guess you get a warranty?

Some time ago I saw a Roland HP207 (same number, different brand) being sold for £800. Reason: It was damaged by fire in the shop...