CDP200R - Can't figure out USB & SD Card...

Posted by: LBREntertainment

CDP200R - Can't figure out USB & SD Card... - 12/15/09 07:13 PM

I just purchased a CDP200 last week, and I'm trying to import a new piano sound and a different church organ sound, but I just can't figure out how. I've downloaded the data manager from Casio and gone to the music.casio/com site. From there, I downloaded a few samples of piano (salon piano) but I can't transfer them to my CDP (it keeps downloading as a CFK file - what in the world is that?).
It doesn't say anything in the manual about where to download new samples or how. It simply describes what to do with the data. WHAT DATA??

Where do I get good samples to transfer to the CDP
PLEASE HELP!!
Posted by: indianboy

Re: CDP200R - Can't figure out USB & SD Card... - 05/31/13 09:46 AM

If you are able to find an answer,then pls do enlighten me as well..

I also want to know how to transfer sampled piano sounds to my cdp-200r
Posted by: justpin

Re: CDP200R - Can't figure out USB & SD Card... - 05/31/13 09:54 AM

I've never been able to get my CDP200 card slot to work let alone read anything.

If I want to play midi or a different piano I just use synthesia via USB instead.
Posted by: galaxy4t

Re: CDP200R - Can't figure out USB & SD Card... - 05/31/13 08:03 PM

I think I might be able to clear up the mystery. The files on the Casio music site don't work with any of their new musical instruments. Those files were made for older Casios. If you notice the files are for specific models and the CDP-200 isn't listed. You might be able to download the file to the data manager, but I think the file extension is different. The files on the website are .ctk files. I don't believe your piano can read these and this is probably why you can't transfer them to your piano. I think the only Casio gear that can be updated is the XW-P1, XW-G1, and the PX-5S. There are presets that have been released for these but they are not on the Casio music site.